What happens if I don't like XBMC v13, can I just install XBMC v12 again?
Question 
I see here it says:
Quote: 4.3 What happens if I don't like XBMC v13, can I just install XBMC v12 again?

Whilst Gotham does "upgrade" the library, it stores a Frodo compatible copy. Just replace the Gotham application with Eden. It is still recommended to always make a backup of your userdata folder before updating, just in case. Add-ons will likely need to be reset (uninstall and then reinstall) if you go from Gotham to Frodo.

But I can't find the steps I need to take to go about downgrading.
Could someone please tell me or point me to a link?
Get rid of the gotham repo you installed. Remove xbmc and install again.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Well what about the Frodo compatible copy it stored when I installed Gotham?
Did it? Remove your current one and install that then. (But in fact I think you are referring to just the database).
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I'm going to assume you're on linux. There will be new db files when you upgrade to gotham, while the old frodo one will also be kept, so you can go back to frodo any time. In that case, you can delete the gotham db files, but they won't harm either.
Well thanks for the replies but in the meantime I kind of fell in love with the Manage Movie Set feature.
So I guess I'll keep it for now
Is it possible to have both versions installed on the same box? IE - Separate directory for V13 that doesn't interfere with V12? I'm running multiple shared boxes on V12 and I only want to test V13 on one machine.

If it's possible, how do I accomplish this?
I believe that if you run xbmc in standalone mode it will keep it's data separate.
Thanks for the reply nickr.

Would you be able to tell me how to accomplish this? I'm somewhat unsure of my self in linux, and I'm not sure how to install V13 to a separate directory and run in standalone mode. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
What happens if I don't like XBMC v13, can I just install XBMC v12 again?0