Different keymap.xml in settings menu
ik like to have an option to choose a different keymap.xml, then its possible to make more remotes compatible with xbmc.
how many remotes do you useHuh

most people generally only ever use one - i see little point in allowing a switch.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

i think i understand why he wants it, often i find skinners using different keymaps for their skins so you can't easily change back and forth from different skins.  if that is the case it would be nice if the keymap could be included in the skin rather than in xbmc's root so it could be changed on skin change.  maybe a fall through system similar to how keymap.xml already works, only to apply this across to another skin.xml in the skin...if that makes sense. this would be nice because it would mean the skinners would have less maintenance to their individual keymaps (if they changed it) because it would also keep up to date with cvs unless they have otherwise specified a control in their keymap.

los93sol

edit: actually, the same issue is present when skinners alter strings.xml so they can change the wording of some of the strings, etc., a fall through system would work nicely for this as well.

a skin and the key mappings are entirely different. a skin should never have to rely on an alternate keymap. its just absurd.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
you're right, but there are quite a few skins out there that are doing just that. i can understand it to a point though, such as with the x360 skins, they are based on a completely different layout than pmiii so for those purposes it may be beneficiary to use a different keymap.
its completely absurd that a skin would require changes to your keymappings. and just because some skinners (stupidly, imho) decide do this, doesnt mean that xbmc needs to accomodate them.

the layout is irrelevent. actions and keys have absolutely nothing to do with a skin in any way shape or from. and even if a skinner provides an alternate keymap, their skin should still work just as effectively without it. or am i completely off the mark here?

** edit **
re: strings... yes, strings i see the need for. some skinners change or add new strings and its easier if a skin specific strings.xml is checked first.

kraqh3d, i like to select ms_extender_remote_keymap.rar ore maybe in the futere the xbox360 remote. i use one remote, so the questions was not only for myself.

sollie
like the way you do with a different lcd. its the same.
i think i know my problem, i came with solutions. i should not.
so forget the switch keymap.xml question.

my real question is: i like support for the xbox media extender remote in xbmc (easy way).
it is already supported by default (unless someone didnt port it from the old keymap format)
thanks
loto-bak is correct. the extra buttons on the ms extender remote are supported in keymap.xml already, in the <remote> sections. here's an excerpt from the global mappings:

Quote: <record>screenshot</record>
<volumeplus>volumeup</volumeplus>
<volumeminus>volumedown</volumeminus>
<mute>mute</mute>
<power>xbmc.shutdown()</power>
<myvideo>xbmc.activatewindow(myvideos)</myvideo>
<mymusic>xbmc.activatewindow(mymusic)</mymusic>
<mypictures>xbmc.activatewindow(mypictures)</mypictures>
<mytv>xbmc.activatewindow(home)</mytv>

none of those buttons are on the standard ms dvd remote.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Different keymap.xml in settings menu0