• 13(current)
X-26 Cheap NUC Variant
OK I surrender!

However given that XCY gave me lots of options when I ordered, they, or someone close to them, must be assembling them, or at least taking the lid off and adding RAM, wireless, SSD. I note the one you pointed to was a barebones, mine came with RAM, SSD and wireless. Not sure if XCY put that stuff in, or ordered it like that from Inctel or what.

I note your audio problem. I haven't tried the analogue audio but will do so at some stage.

There don't seem to be many people using analogue audio these days, what with HDMI being so ubiquitous (at least for media PC purposes).
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
No need to surrender because Inctel must be just who puts them together. The case is manufactured by Shenzhen Iwill and the motherboard is Giada / JEHE Technology Smile
I bought a variant of this (http://www.aliexpress.com/item/mini-itx-...00879.html) a month or so ago to test out.

Didn't ask for an OS, came with Windows 7 pre-installed. Tested out nightly version of XBMC and was extremely impressed with the performance.
Was going to use a linux (openlec/ubuntu) install, however did a fresh Windows install, plugged in an old MCE remote and it has now taken the place of my Crystalbuntu box in the living room.

As mentioned, extremely impressed with the performance (even using Aeon Nox with extra fanarts/animation), got it set to sleep after 3 mins idle and wakes up using IR USB. Boots straight into XBMC in less than 20 seconds. Quiet and doesn't run hot, nice small footprint sits on one of the front speakers. Only been going a month but a very happy customer. One small issue was the super bright led. Didn't disconnect, just put some black solastic on it to tone it down to subtle on light. Can also see the subtle blink when in sleep/suspend
(2014-01-27, 14:40)schmake Wrote: I bought a variant of this (http://www.aliexpress.com/item/mini-itx-...00879.html) a month or so ago to test out.

Didn't ask for an OS, came with Windows 7 pre-installed. Tested out nightly version of XBMC and was extremely impressed with the performance.
Was going to use a linux (openlec/ubuntu) install, however did a fresh Windows install, plugged in an old MCE remote and it has now taken the place of my Crystalbuntu box in the living room.

As mentioned, extremely impressed with the performance (even using Aeon Nox with extra fanarts/animation), got it set to sleep after 3 mins idle and wakes up using IR USB. Boots straight into XBMC in less than 20 seconds. Quiet and doesn't run hot, nice small footprint sits on one of the front speakers. Only been going a month but a very happy customer. One small issue was the super bright led. Didn't disconnect, just put some black solastic on it to tone it down to subtle on light. Can also see the subtle blink when in sleep/suspend

Your link is coming up with product not found?
Take the closing ) out of the url
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2013-08-26, 18:09)Dougie Fresh Wrote: Exactly. And, the thing to always remember with HTPC is all you need is fast enough not the fastest Smile.

I've been emailing with the reseller of the X-26, particularly about an IR receiver customization. Their MOQ, no different than any other reseller/manufacturer, is 100pcs. I might order one sample and try to mod it myself to install an internal IR receiver. I'd use the Inteset USB IR receiver. I am also looking at another source for Celeron motherboards like these because I can get a similar case from the same case manufacturer that comes with an RC6 IR receiver/remote but also has nice AV-style feet and comes in black. I'll let y'all know what I find.

So this ended up being what I was talking about except in the meantime I got the case with a IR receiver that can turn on the PC from off.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=184848
(2014-02-01, 01:22)nickr Wrote: Take the closing ) out of the url

Nope, still coming up page not found
No its not...

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/mini-itx-...00879.html
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
Just ordered a similar unit (inctel) on sale, $125 shipped barebones, $15 2g ram, and $32 for 30gb msata drive... will see how it performs when it all arrives.... need to find a way to mount it on the wall... (will be replacing my PI)
Just got mine a couple days ago. Dualbooted Openelec Gotham and Windows 8.1 (not very easily I might add) Works Great! Completely silent (fanless) and tiny... Have it all configured now, just have to mount it on the wall somehow....
Would love to see some video of it running Windows 8. Very exciting times with what you can get these days.
TV: VIZIO E-Series 43”
HTPC: Raspberry Pi 3
STORAGE: Windows 8 Server with DrivePool (Currently with 24TB)
Video 

Just a quick video of how it is as I just hung it on the wall last night, I still have to go through and set up windows the way I want it (resolution is not currently correct) no antivirus, and such.. And I have to do a run through my xbmc library to populate my thumbnails from the mysql library.

this is the unit i purchased, it was on sale for $96 when I bought it...
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/IVB-platf...36998.html
Pretty fast. Those LEDs are bright. I wonder if you could change that.
TV: VIZIO E-Series 43”
HTPC: Raspberry Pi 3
STORAGE: Windows 8 Server with DrivePool (Currently with 24TB)
(2014-04-06, 12:17)mprassel Wrote: Pretty fast. Those LEDs are bright. I wonder if you could change that.

www.lightdims.com
Modded MK1 NUC - CLICK ----- NUC Wiki - CLICK

Bay Trail NUC FTW!

I've donated, have you?

(2014-04-06, 12:22)jammyb Wrote:
(2014-04-06, 12:17)mprassel Wrote: Pretty fast. Those LEDs are bright. I wonder if you could change that.

www.lightdims.com

I've actually started putting those *inside* the case so even the power button is dimmed. They are a miracle.
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
X-26 Cheap NUC Variant3