MyGica A11 (v1.5) or 510b Image dump required
Well, just got an A11 the other day, and I've bricked it already! I've tried flashing new firmware (XBMC-Linux) but it didn't work (wrong version). Now I can't get back to recovery. When switching on, I get a fuzzy distorted screen for about a second (run MAME arcade emulator with Mortal Kombat to get an idea of what I mean), then screen goes off. This is whether I'm holding reset or not. Following the following guide:
http://matricom.net/how-to-recover-your-...-midnight/

I get it to stay on the fuzzy screen permanently, so I am wondering if I got a proper image dump whether I could recover it. If anyone can help me out, that would be great!

Thanks.
you could ask your vendor Smile
(2013-08-28, 00:32)davilla Wrote: you could ask your vendor Smile

Hmmm, not sure they'd help - I think it was some Chinese site. I'll send a request to them anyway, and try in some of the other forums.
Just checked with Geniatech, A11 is the same model as ATV510B, but A11 is only sold in China, how can you get that unit?
Got it here:
http://dx.com/p/mygica-a11-cortex-a9-and...rom-174461

I think I just need the uImage_recovery file for it, to be honest. But I've tried one for the older version of A11, and it doesn't seem to work. Sad
I have an A11 with the same problem (inherited it from someone who bricked it and gave up trying to fix). Did you get the problem solved?
I got in contact with MyGica, and they sent me an image file. Unfortunately that still didn't work for me, but it might work for you. First you'll need to download this file:
www.geniatech.com/down-eng/androidtvbox/update_Mygica_A11_20130729.zip

I've tried to look for a more recent file, but as of the 16th September, there isn't one.

Stick that file on an SD card.

I also have the recovery file, but not sure how to add attachments to posts, so I'll try and find somewhere to share it from.
(2013-09-17, 08:04)craigbeat Wrote: I got in contact with MyGica, and they sent me an image file. Unfortunately that still didn't work for me, but it might work for you. First you'll need to download this file:

I also have the recovery file, but not sure how to add attachments to posts, so I'll try and find somewhere to share it from.

Does it have to be an SD card? and if so, does the size of the SD card matter? Smallest I have is 2gb.
I tried it with the files on a 4gb USB stick earlier.
- Insert USB stick
- Press down reset button
- Plug-in power.

TV Screen switches from "Searching for signal" to black then a grey/black fuzzy screen (looks like a screenful of fine white/black sand.
About 5 seconds later, a screen goes to "Searching for signal" again (like it's about to start recovery) then about 10 seconds after that, it goes to an all black screen.
- Nothing changes pin in or pin out.

I found an old 512mb Kingston drive,didn't make any difference.
(2013-09-17, 10:12)vicntc Wrote:
(2013-09-17, 08:04)craigbeat Wrote: I got in contact with MyGica, and they sent me an image file. Unfortunately that still didn't work for me, but it might work for you. First you'll need to download this file:

Does it have to be an SD card? and if so, does the size of the SD card matter? Smallest I have is 2gb.
- Insert USB stick
- Plug-in power.

TV Screen switches from "Searching for signal" to black then a grey/black fuzzy screen (looks like a screenful of fine white/black sand.
About 5 seconds later, a screen goes to "Searching for signal" again (like it's about to start recovery) then about 10 seconds after that, it goes to an all black screen.

It has to be a micro SD card, but 2gb is more than plenty. Here is the file:
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B_NbJV4W...sp=sharing

Either go to the file menu, download, unrar and stick on root of SD along with the file a linked to earlier (again, don't unzip this). Or download each of the files individually and place on root of SD.

Let me know how you get on with it.
(2013-09-17, 19:53)craigbeat Wrote:
(2013-09-17, 10:12)vicntc Wrote:

- Insert USB stick
- Plug-in power.

It has to be a micro SD card, but 2gb is more than plenty. Here is the file:
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B_NbJV4W...sp=sharing

Either go to the file menu, download, unrar and stick on root of SD along with the file a linked to earlier (again, don't unzip this). Or download each of the files individually and place on root of SD.

Let me know how you get on with it.

Sorry, my bad. I was using a 2gb MicroSD card. I also tried a 4gb and 512mb USB stick.
I have downloaded the file and will give it a go this evening.

Clarification?
So I will download, unrar and stick [the individual files from A11.rar] in root of the SD along with the [Mygica_A11_20130729.zip NOT unzipped] linked earlier." Correct?
Not meaning to be pedantic but just want to make sure I understand your instructions (as a NooB)

Thank you.
Yes, that's correct. Like I said earlier, it didn't actually work for me, but, the way I looked at it, it was already broken, so hopefully can't get more broken!
(2013-09-17, 22:18)craigbeat Wrote: Yes, that's correct. Like I said earlier, it didn't actually work for me, but, the way I looked at it, it was already broken, so hopefully can't get more broken!

Aaarrgghhh.. so frustrating. I was actually making good progress then poof! another problem.

So, first off, thank you for the files. I did exactly as described (copied files, booted, etc). All of a sudden, MyGica logo popped up flashed a few times over about 5min then Bazinga! There's a clear screen (in Chinese mind you) and a pop-up stating the network was not configured. The Network and Proceed buttons looked grewyed out and it almost looked like it was hung.

I popped a couple of fresh batteries in the remote but no response.
Tried a couple different batteries, no response.
Pressed the Reset button on the back once, twice, press and hold. Nothing
Pulled the power plug on the device, plugged it back in.

Now, here's where it goes whacky. No lights, nothing. TV screen says "Check signal cable" but seems to know something is there.
There is a small green light showing just inside the Ethernet port and the little green light on the Power Supply is on.

No lights up front, anywhere.

I've tried all the various/previous combinations but nothing.
No lights, no signal via HDMI.

Crap. :-(
(2013-09-18, 04:48)vicntc Wrote:
(2013-09-17, 22:18)craigbeat Wrote: Yes, that's correct. Like I said earlier, it didn't actually work for me, but, the way I looked at it, it was already broken, so hopefully can't get more broken!

Aaarrgghhh.. so frustrating. I was actually making good progress then poof! another problem.

So, first off, thank you for the files. I did exactly as described (copied files, booted, etc). All of a sudden, MyGica logo popped up flashed a few times over about 5min then Bazinga! There's a clear screen (in Chinese mind you) and a pop-up stating the network was not configured. The Network and Proceed buttons looked grewyed out and it almost looked like it was hung.

I popped a couple of fresh batteries in the remote but no response.
Tried a couple different batteries, no response.
Pressed the Reset button on the back once, twice, press and hold. Nothing
Pulled the power plug on the device, plugged it back in.

Now, here's where it goes whacky. No lights, nothing. TV screen says "Check signal cable" but seems to know something is there.
There is a small green light showing just inside the Ethernet port and the little green light on the Power Supply is on.

No lights up front, anywhere.

I've tried all the various/previous combinations but nothing.
No lights, no signal via HDMI.

Crap. :-(

Did you try using the update_spi_M3_20120815.zip image?

This is the one from http://www.geniatech.com/news/m3-android...uction.asp its for the 510b

It might mean renaming it to update_Mygica_A11_20130729.zip

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MyGica A11 (v1.5) or 510b Image dump required0