Need advice with "playercorefactory.xml"
Hi all, I've been searching and reading and have managed to get XBMC set up perfecty. I use MPC-HC to play all the videos. I created the following "playercorefactory.xml" and placed it into C:\Users\bob\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata folder:

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="MPC-HC" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>c:\Program Files\MPC-HC\mpc-hc.exe</filename>
<args>"{1}" /fullscreen /close</args>
<hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
<warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<rule video="true" player="MPC-HC"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

It is my understanding that neither MPC-HC nor XBMC can correctly play back a Blu-ray 3D movie. As a result, I will be buying stereoscopic player so that I can watch the 3D rips. All video is located on my server in one of the following folders:

S:\DVDs
S:\Saved Videos
S:\Blu-rays
S:\3D

As you can see, all the Blu-ray 3D rips will be placed in its unique folder.
My intent is to continue to use MPC-HC for all videos except 3D and use stereoscopic player for those and only for those.

My research seems to indicate I can call stereoscopic player based on the file extension of the rip but some people seem to be having trouble with that and I'm a bit confused as to those directions. I can also call stereoscopic player based on specifying the folder (S:\3D). That route seems more foolproof.

Would someone be so kind as to recommend what my new playercoreplayer.xml should look like?

Thanks
Bob
How about if I just asked for an example of a playercodefactory file where a specific external player (any player) is specified against a specific folder.

Also, do I have to make any changes to the MPC-HC part of the file (to my knowledge all files, all folders) so that the above argument (specific player, specific folder) works?
Am I asking a stupid question?
Am I asking it in the wrong forum?

I've been trying and I can't get this to work.
It looks like it should work, but I've never used external players on Windows. Can you get us a debug log (wiki) of when you try to playback a movie while using that playercorefactory.xml file?
Hi Ned,

Yes, the playercorefactory file I posted above does work. It plays all video in MPC-HC just like it's supposed to do. Here's the problem, I now have to incorporate stereoscopic player into this playercorefactory file and then tell xbmc to use stereoscopic player when playing 3D videos (MPC-HC will contnue to play all other videos).

Most of the threads involve specifying a "file type" that would call a different player. What I would like to do is specify a location (S:\3D) rather than a file extension to specify stereoscopic player. In one thread I read, someone said this is possible but did not provide an example.

In my tests, either MPC-HC plays everything or XBMC plays everything (I assume this is because the playercorefactory file is broken and therefore the playercorefactory file is ignored entirely).

Here is one of my attempts

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="MPC-HC" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>c:\Program Files\MPC-HC\mpc-hc.exe</filename>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="WMP" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>c:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\wmplayer.exe</filename>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<rule filename="S:\3D\*.*" player="WMP"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

Please note, for my tests I'm trying to call Windows Media Player (rather than stereoscopic player) and I'm using a regular video inside the folder "3D" just to see if I understand how to use a folder to specify a specific player.

In this test, MPC-HC plays the file located in "3D" where I think WMP should be used.

It has occured to me that the part of the playercorefactory file for MPC-HC is telling it to play all videos with MCP-HC so it never sees the exception that's listed next.
(2013-09-03, 05:05)rbmcgee Wrote: ...
<rules action="prepend">
</rules>
<rules action="prepend">
<rule filename="S:\3D\*.*" player="WMP"/>
</rules>

I guess.
The first rule for MPC-HC is true for all videos. Therefore it's used for 3D movies, too.
No log no help.
Main page: https://github.com/Xycl
Repository: Xycl Repository Leia
Repository: Xycl Repository Matrix
rbmcgee: I'm just guessing based on my own struggles to have dvdplayer play everything except 3D MKV files, but...

Go to the wiki, here: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=External_players

About halfway down, read the section on 'nesting' rules.

Other things to check: In your example, I think you should have only one PlayerCoreFactory section, which contains two Player sections and one Rules section. Yours seem to be conradicting each other.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Need advice with "playercorefactory.xml"0