Bug [XBMCSubtitles] Download fails when using path substitution for addon_data
Hi all,

I use path substitution so my addon_data is on my SMB share:

Code:
         <substitute>
              <from>special://profile/addon_data/</from>
              <to>smb://username:password@IP-ADDRESS/addon_data/</to>
        </substitute>

This way, I can share my addon data (&settings) between all my XBMC devices (Android, Windows, OpenElec). Worked fine in the past, but seems to be broken nowadays.

XBMC Subtitles seems to try to use a local path, instead of using the share:

Code:
21:13:51 T:140395736446720   DEBUG: ### [XBMC Subtitles-services.Ondertitel.service] -  Getting url:http://ondertitel.com/getdownload.php?id=XXXXXXXXXX.zip
21:13:51 T:140395736446720   DEBUG: ### [XBMC Subtitles-services.Ondertitel.service] -  Saving subtitles to '/storage/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/script.xbmc.subtitles/sub_tmp/compressed_subs.ext'
21:13:51 T:140395736446720   DEBUG: ### [XBMC Subtitles-services.Ondertitel.service] -  Failed to save subtitles to '/storage/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/script.xbmc.subtitles/sub_tmp/compressed_subs.ext'
21:13:51 T:140395736446720   DEBUG: ### [XBMC Subtitles-services.Ondertitel.service] -  Subtitles saved to '/storage/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/script.xbmc.subtitles/sub_tmp/compressed_subs.ext'
21:13:51 T:140395736446720   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.OSError'>
                                            Error Contents: (2, 'No such file or directory')
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/script.xbmc.subtitles/resources/lib/gui.py", line 492, in onClick
                                                self.Download_Subtitles( self.getControl( SUBTITLES_LIST ).getSelectedPosition())
                                              File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/script.xbmc.subtitles/resources/lib/gui.py", line 310, in Download_Subtitles
                                                os.rename(compressed_subs,suffixed_compressed_subs)
                                            OSError: (2, 'No such file or directory')
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

The above code is from Openelec, but the same happens in Windows:

Code:
Error Contents: (2, 'No such file or directory', u'C:\\Users\\nikagl\\AppData\\Roaming\\XBMC\\userdata\\profiles\\Network\\addon_data\\script.xbmc.subtitles\\sub_tmp\\compressed_subs.ext')

The traceback is correct, that local path is not available. When I manually create it, it seems to be able to download the subtitle, but now it cannot extract it:

Code:
21:15:48 T:140395736446720   DEBUG: ### [XBMC Subtitles-services.Ondertitel.service] -  Getting url:http://ondertitel.com/getdownload.php?id=XXXXX.zip
21:15:48 T:140395736446720   DEBUG: ### [XBMC Subtitles-services.Ondertitel.service] -  Saving subtitles to '/storage/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/script.xbmc.subtitles/sub_tmp/compressed_subs.ext'
21:15:48 T:140395736446720   DEBUG: ### [XBMC Subtitles-services.Ondertitel.service] -  Subtitles saved to '/storage/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/script.xbmc.subtitles/sub_tmp/compressed_subs.ext'
21:15:48 T:140395736446720   DEBUG: ### [XBMC Subtitles-gui] - Extracting /storage/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/script.xbmc.subtitles/sub_tmp/compressed_subs.zip
21:15:48 T:140396168087360   DEBUG: GetZipList - Processing zip:///storage/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/script.xbmc.subtitles/sub_tmp/compressed_subs.zip/
21:15:48 T:140396168087360   DEBUG: CZipManager::GetZipList: failed to stat file zip:///storage/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/script.xbmc.subtitles/sub_tmp/compressed_subs.zip/

Any thoughts why it's using the wrong path?

Regards,

Nika.
Nobody has this issue? Nobody using addon_data in path substitution?
it's simple not supported by many addons so don't use it
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Thanks Martijn, will disable it - too bad, I liked sharing configuration of plugins by many of the plugins but will do it manually by copying the configuration onto each device...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[XBMCSubtitles] Download fails when using path substitution for addon_data0