Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1
Hi All

Just got the wife one of these, I downloaded the XBMC Android apk but when I try to install it says my device is not compatiable?

Surely this should be able to run XBMC?

Any ideas?

Thanks
Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 has an Intel Atom processor (1.6GHz dual-core Intel Atom Z2560).

It's possible that whatever we use to detect a compatible processor is confused by this specific hardware, but in theory it should run just like most other Android apps, using whatever dark magic necessary to make ARM apps run on x86.
Any idea on how to force it to install?
Stildawn,
Have a look here

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=172804

As i replied on this thread the only way I could get xbmc to work on my SG Tab3 10.1 was to install and use the xbmc xaf build
(2013-09-11, 10:56)sheepybach Wrote: Stildawn,
Have a look here

As i replied on this thread the only way I could get xbmc to work on my SG Tab3 10.1 was to install and use the xbmc xaf build

That's not really a fix, considering what a pile of garbage the XAF build is and having to use an external player on an otherwise capable unit :P
(2013-09-11, 11:53)Ned Scott Wrote:
(2013-09-11, 10:56)sheepybach Wrote: Stildawn,
Have a look here

That's not really a fix, considering what a pile of garbage the XAF build is and having to use an external player on an otherwise capable unit Tongue
Well TBH I don't know what to make of your reply to me, as stated I failed to get any build from here to run on my tab3 10.1, with xaf I can now use my tab. The same as my Nexus 10 would not run correctly as I would get sound but a black screen, so I again tried xaf build and I no longer have that problem.
iechyd da
How hard would it be to add in a check for this hardware to the installer?
(2013-09-11, 21:20)sheepybach Wrote: Well TBH I don't know what to make of your reply to me, as stated I failed to get any build from here to run on my tab3 10.1, with xaf I can now use my tab. The same as my Nexus 10 would not run correctly as I would get sound but a black screen, so I again tried xaf build and I no longer have that problem.
iechyd da

It means we aim to fix the issue, so you can use XBMC to it's fullest potential :)
(2013-09-12, 00:06)Ned Scott Wrote:
(2013-09-11, 21:20)sheepybach Wrote: Well TBH I don't know what to make of your reply to me, as stated I failed to get any build from here to run on my tab3 10.1, with xaf I can now use my tab. The same as my Nexus 10 would not run correctly as I would get sound but a black screen, so I again tried xaf build and I no longer have that problem.
iechyd da

It means we aim to fix the issue, so you can use XBMC to it's fullest potential Smile

Ned,
I'm sorry but your reply to me never said you aim to fix this issue it just trashed the xaf version, which at the end of the day is nothing to do with me as I'm just a thick pleb welshman who was trying to help a person who has come across the very same problem I did and how I got my tab3 10.1 to run. I hope you are able to fix this bug as ok the xaf is ok and works on my tab but I would like to have the main xbmc running as I'm used to that.
(2013-09-12, 00:06)Ned Scott Wrote: It means we aim to fix the issue, so you can use XBMC to it's fullest potential Smile

Thats good, dare I ask a time frame on this? Not that its super urgent just would be good to know when abouts to try again haha.
(2013-09-12, 02:14)Stildawn Wrote: Thats good, dare I ask a time frame on this? Not that its super urgent just would be good to know when abouts to try again haha.

Not sure. I suspect that it's just a simple hardware check, but I'm not a programmer myself. I will make sure they know about the issue, though.
Awesome thanks for all your help
(2013-09-12, 03:51)Ned Scott Wrote:
(2013-09-12, 02:14)Stildawn Wrote: Thats good, dare I ask a time frame on this? Not that its super urgent just would be good to know when abouts to try again haha.

Not sure. I suspect that it's just a simple hardware check, but I'm not a programmer myself. I will make sure they know about the issue, though.
Ned,
That is good news and let's hope it around the corner.
iechyd da
Running the ARM version of the XBMC Android app on an Intel SoC tablet is not a good choice. It is too resource intensive.
It is possible to build the app for x86 platforms. This needs some little changes in the configuration files and disabling the neon check on x86. I built it this way for my ASUS MeMO Pad FHD. You can find a testbuild in the thread http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=173313
perpe,
I've replied on your thread you posted above.
Got it up and running on my Tab3 10.1
iechyd da

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.10