Import of MYSQL Watchlist
Hello,

I have upgraded from Eden to Frodo and need to know how to migrate my watch list from Eden's MySQL database to Frodo's.
Now before anyone tells me the usual route about exporting from Eden and importing into Frodo, that won't work.
My issue is I was not using the Library under Eden and was purely using file lists, so when I "Export Library" on Eden, I end up with nothing as there IS no library to export.

I could script something to "mash" the databases together to do what I want, but surely there has to be a more elegant solution??
Quite simply, I just want to export/import the "Watched" ticks over to Frodo (Which I am now using the library properly on, so shouldn't have this issue in the future).

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Jemson
If you use .nfo with your media and have the watch state. you can add the following in advancesettings.xml:
Code:
<advancedsettings>
     <videolibrary>
          <importwatchedstate>true</importwatchedstate>
     </videolibrary>
</advancedsettings>
and the first load of xbmc should import your watched status if they are in the .nfo files. You should then remove that code after a successful (or unsuccessful) attempt.

otherwise im not too sure how xbmc would keep track of watched state without using the db
Thanks for that. Not using .nfo either.
It's using the db to keep track of watched state, but just not tracking the library aspect.

Browsing through the mysql db it is assigning the watched status based on the 'files' table. When I would watch something it would add it to the files table and increment the watched count, which was then reflecting across the other xbmc installs.
I assumed this would have also been spat out in the library export, but it isn't for some reason.
XBMC should be able to just update the MySQL DB directly, which should include the watch status of normal files. In other words, just update and open XBMC.

Just make sure the XBMC MySQL user has access on the MySQL server to create new databases.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Import of MYSQL Watchlist0