Solved build dependencies error
Before you delete and ban this for being a build question. There is no where else to post and i have managed to build my own android ndk apps and ported other libs using cmake to build on android fine in windows. So it is not like i'm completely useless.(maybe a little in linux)

So I'm using ubuntu 12.04 64bit.
I am following these instructions
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...ME.android
I had to make some changes as it looks like "arm-linux-androideabi-4.7" does not exist in the r9 ndk so i instead used 4.8 and I needed to give details about the host system for some reason giving this command to generate the toolchain.
Quote:./make-standalone-toolchain.sh --ndk-dir=/home/greenie/android-ndk-r9 --install-dir=/home/greenie/android-ndk-r9/toolchains/android-14 --platform=android-14 --toolchain=arm-linux-androideabi-4.8 --system=linux-x86_64
Which works.

I then navigate to xbmc/tools/depends and execute
Quote:./bootstrap
./configure --with-toolchain=/home/greenie/android-ndk-r9/toolchains/android-14 --prefix=/opt/xbmc-deps --host=arm-linux-androideabi --with-sdk-path=/home/greenie/android-sdk-linux --with-ndk=/home/greenie/android-ndk-r9 --with-sdk=android-14 --with-tarballs=/tmp/xbmc-android
at which point it stops with the following error
configure: error: verify sdk path

Though the compiler checks can not seem to find appropriate compiler executables that are in the toolchains/android-14 and falls back to the ones in usr/bin/

The full log being http://pastebin.com/jbn9gr0n

Checked the sdk location a thousand times and i have installed the android 4.0(api 14) sdk using the android sdk manager.

Any help would be much appreciated. It will likely be something obvious though I just can not think of anything.

Sorry if i offended anyone with the topic.
the 4.7 gcc is part of the legacy ndk package which should be delivered by google aswell. We are having a pull request up for making all work with gcc 4.8 but its not yet merged ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
@greeniekin
Don't install the standalone toolchain into your ndk directory. You have to change your --install-dir to something outside of the the ndk path, /home/greenie/toolchain for example.
also your sdk path should be --with-sdk-path=/home/greenie/android-sdk-linux/sdk
from our jenkins build slave:

./configure --with-tarballs=/home/jenkins/xbmc-tarballs --host=arm-linux-androideabi --with-sdk-path=/home/jenkins/android-dev/android-sdk-linux --with-ndk=/home/jenkins/android-dev/android-ndk-r8e --with-toolchain=/home/jenkins/android-dev/arm-linux-androideabi-4.7-vanilla/android-14 --prefix=/home/jenkins/workspace/XBMC-Android-ARM/tools/depends/xbmc-depends

@greco - not sure why you wanna confuse the op with wrong information?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
@Memphiz - If he downloaded the SDK from Android's site the zip contains two folders, the eclipse folder and the sdk folder. If he's pointing to the root of the extracted SDK file that's most likely the reason he's getting this error:
Code:
configure: error: verify sdk path
hence he needs to add the 'sdk' to his --with-sdk-path path.

Edit:
My post actually is valid if he downloaded the bundle and not the sdk tools only.
Hello.

I'm trying to compile XBMC for Android arm and always get the same error that in the main post: error: verify sdk path

I follow the android.readme document step by step but the process always fails in building dependencies step.
I use the last version of SDK and NDK r9.
I unzip SDK and NDK in /opt, and build toolchain in the same directory. Therefore I have: /opt/android-sdk-linux, /opt/android-ndk-r9, /opt/arm-linux-androideabi-4.8-vanilla/android-14

When I run:
Quote:./configure --with-tarballs=/opt/xbmc-tarballs --host=arm-linux-androideabi --with-sdk-path=/opt/android-sdk-linux --with-ndk=/opt/android-ndk-r9 --with-toolchain=/opt/arm-linux-androideabi-4.8-vanilla/android-14 --prefix=/opt/xbmc-depends
I always get the same error code, in both Ubuntu 12.04 and 14.04

This is my config.log
I would appreciate some help.

Regards.
which version of xbmc are you trying to compile?
I use the latest source code available which I get it via:
Quote: # git clone git://github.com/xbmc/xbmc.git xbmc-android
# cd xbmc-android
# git submodule update --init addons/skin.touched

Thanks

PD: I usally use Ubuntu on VMWare, but with live CD, same result.
Your config.log says it is looking for libcrystax. We are not using crystax ndk since ages anymore. So either you are on an old branch (like Frodo or so) - or your tree is stale. I would try to do an git clean -xfd and start from scratch according to the docs/README.android.
I've done a git clean, and start again the process, but I keep getting the same error.
Even I've erased my virtual Ubuntu and start from scratch getting the source code (xbmc-13.1.tar.gz) from: http://mirrors.xbmc.org/releases/source/
It still returns the same error again and again.

Regards.
jenkins configures like this without errors
Code:
$ ./configure --with-tarballs=/home/jenkins/xbmc-tarballs --host=arm-linux-androideabi --with-sdk-path=/home/jenkins/android-dev/android-sdk-linux --with-ndk=/home/jenkins/android-dev/android-ndk-r9 --with-toolchain=/home/jenkins/android-dev/arm-linux-androideabi-4.8-vanilla/android-14 --prefix=/home/jenkins/workspace/XBMC-Android-ARM/tools/depends/xbmc-depends --enable-neon

the --enable-neon is new and will only work on current master tree - i just compared your config.log with the one from jenkins and the error you get is hidden behind "check sdk path" ... maybe google changed something in latest sdk or your sdk is somehow incomplete?
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...nfigure.in line 390 - i guess google moved the "zipalgn" tool to a different path...

this pull request seems to be supposed to fix that but is work in progress as it seems

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/5109
THANKS Memphiz, problem solved.

Indeed the latest SDK (r.23.02) caused the error.
I've tried with SDK r.22 and works fine.

Thanks again.

Regards.
marked solved

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
build dependencies error0