Haswell mini-ITX mobo options
Hello Chaps,

Been wanting to upgrade my HTPC (all in one) with a silent front end connected to NAS (current box relegated to NAS)

I'm wanting something that's silent and can play blu-ray, runs linux and has infrared (CIR) and prob USB3 support. Will probably use the i3-4330/40 processor

So I'm thinking of going for a F7C Evo case, but I can't find a mobo in ITX which has everything I need.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.
Decided to have a crack at spec'ing things out, seemed easier once I'd settled on a case

Details are below, can someone review for me and give me their thoughts or experiences?

Cheers,

Kong
Does ASUS H87m-Plus have CIR support ?
Don't think any of the Asus boards do, I've given up on CIR..
ASUS never did. ASRock and Intel did but ASRock no longer does with Haswell boards. Intel still does but there are no Intel mini-ITX Haswell motherboards last check.

All the parts look good together so the only thing you need to check w.r.t. the ML03B case is if the depth of the PSU + the depth of the optical drive is going to fit. That's usually the issue in the ML03B.
On your case choice... 80mm fans don't have the reputation from being silent and efficient at the same time. With fans size definitely matters.

Although with careful choice of fans you can obviously get a good noise profile, I would try and investigate some more to see whether some 92mm or 120mm options exist.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
There should be no need for any case fans with this build. If you decide to get one anyway I use Gelid 80mm PWM fans when needed.
I ended up getting a micro Intel board for my Haswell setup, the case you are looking at will fit it

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...Tpk=dh87rl
Hi

I'd downgrade the SSD and the PSU (and go modular). Something like http://www.scan.co.uk/products/350w-shar...odular-psu

And as mentioned, a mATX board fits that case as well.

cheers

D.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Haswell mini-ITX mobo options0