• 31(current)
Release TvTunes Addon - Retrieve & Play Soundtracks Whilst Browsing Your Library
@chemieboy: I presume you are telling TvTunes to search massively and automatically download best match? This could be tricky with very big libraries besides being extremely inaccurate due to so many occurrences of possible themes for each movie/tv show name. It could even generate an automatic remote URL disconnection due to so many consecutive scrape requests*. If there is a sudden URL disconnection (or internet issue) the script WILL throw error as a natural consequence and that is expected, and you will just have to retry later until it works. I strongly encourage you to search and fetch your themes on a video-by-video basis. Anyway, could you please:

1) Provide a full debug log that shows when you fire up XBMC; we are missing aprox. 300 lines at the beginning here. This is important to see if XBMC is loading anything that may be incompatible.

2) Could you please select in TvTunes config panel 'Always add additional themes (no overwrite)' then press OK and go to any movie you like and press TvTunes button and search for themes and download. Tell us if single video download works and submit that debug log too please.

========================================================
(*): TvTunes scraper is a little smart thing indeed; it doesn't just search for the movie/tv show name once, that approach would retrieve so much "rock when actually we want only the precious metals"; it currently searches for the title 11 times applying filters by means of using each time a different appendix. These appendixes refer to possible music themes related only to soundtracks. This is with the purpose of displaying for the users only the tracks related to movies/tv shows, and it works very well. So if you have a very big library, I believe the remote URL won't be too happy about so many consecutive searches and may become unresponsive. I personally believe that, whilst it was OK during the period in which TvTunes only handled tv shows and only had televisiontunes.com as search engine, the 'automatic massive search option' should not exist anymore, at least for the time being, because:
1) Soundtracks do not have an online indexing home as posters or fanarts do via IMDB or TMDB correlated to the movie/tv show they belong to, therefore automatic matches take a lot of search now that the ability to search within a much wider database for both, tv shows and movies, has entered the arena.
2) Each soundtrack album could have many tracks and/or versions, therefore it is likely the search process will retrieve many themes, and the automatic match will pick just one of them, that could easily not be the most representative and actually could be the wrong one. On top of this, one has to consider that via goear.com we have a huge database of music tracks which can't be compared to that of televisiontunes.com in any way, which adds more results per search. It also has the possibility to choose quality of download, which we aren't able to take advantage of (not yet) if we do an 'automatic match and fetch', so this could easily end up getting a very low quality outcome whilst there could be actually HQ themes available. This is why there is a way to listen to those tracks that are likely to be the ones the user is looking for before telling TvTunes to fetch them.
3) All this puts, at the same time, a huge overload on the online database's search engine, that could result in facing a permanent block for all of us if we did try to search for our themes automatically. Posters and fanarts for instance are indexed and linked to a TMDB ID or IMDB ID already, thus requiring only one scrape request. Back in November, I proposed to the team at TMDB the addition of a soundtrack tag that could hold URLs links. This way one could tell TvTunes to use the option of scraping TMDB for these soundtrack links and fetch the tunes directly, thus simplifying the process of fetching for music themes and turning it into a very precise one step process, but they said they weren't interested in this data at the moment; nonetheless I believe this could change if more than one soul asks for it.
4) It throws errors with certain appendixes containing international characters whilst searching massively (the error doesn't happen when searching on a video-by video basis, however the appendix was removed for both type of search), and to avoid them these appendixes had to be removed from tvtunes_scraper.py in the mean time, thus losing a fair amount of themes that could be retrieved and, in certain cases, the only ones that could be retrieved by the search. It isn't perfect, as you see, nevertheless TvTunes is at its highest quality ever so far.
Best,

capfuturo

"The world must learn to work together, or finally it will not work at all" - General Eisenhower
(2014-04-04, 12:04)Chemieboy Wrote: Hey there Blush

I'm very new to xbmc and i just found the tvtunes addon yesterday. Awesome idea behind it. But unfortunatley i can't get it to work Undecided
When tvtunes starts to search for movies in my library it crashes with following notification : script-error!: scraper_tvtunes.py
I tried different versions of XBMC, enabled it in my skin, reinstalled it but nothing worked. So I made a debug log and hope someone can help me to figure out why tvtunes isn't working

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7wue7kbuoectluw/uJwSEp44Gh

thanks a lot Big Grin

Chemieboy

I have had a look at the log. The error is comming when XBMC (TvTunes) is trying to go over http to the goear.com webpage. Not sure if this is due to goear rejecting the request because too many have been made or a different network glitch.

I have added some code to catch the error. It will retry 3 times, then if it still fails it will display a notification on the screen (for 5 seconds) and continue running.

If you wanted to try it out and see if it helps, the changes are highlighted on the following link:

https://code.google.com/p/robwebset/source/detail?r=319

Rob
Hey Rob!

Long time user here. Just recently updated my whole system and found the great new additions you added here! Great work!

Only problem I have now, is that none of my themes play anymore Sad

Right now I'm set up like this:
G:\TV Shows\Doctor Who\Season 1\S01E01.mkv
G:\Themes\Doctor Who\Theme.mp3

And I have always had tvtunes enabled with the custom directory option to specifically look in the G:\Themes\ directory. When I updated the plugin here though to do that I get an "Error! Script Failed: tvtunes_scraper.py". And also the themes do not play that are in those custom directories when browsing through my library's shows.

If I then turn that option off and toggle on the "support themes in sub directories" and sort the themes into individual shows folders like this:
G:\TV Shows\Doctor Who\Theme\theme.mp3
The addon lets me search for new or missing themes again and I don't get a script failure error, but I still cannot hear my themes play when in my library...

I've tried toggling on/off each of the options under playback and the download menus with no luck...

So basically, I got it so it will now download new themes --as long as I have the support themes in sub directories option enabled. But it still won't play any themese when browsing through my individual shows... Sad

http://pastebin.com/RRPgE9Jd
Hi cmccullough14,

I can not see any errors from TvTunes in the log you posted (Although it doesn't look like a complete log to me). [If you have seen an eror on the screen - then there should be something in the log]

Don't forget you need to enable TvTunes in your skin (or add the hooks for some skins).

Rob
Ya know what, I needed to enable it in the skin settings... *face palm*. Aeon Nox's new verison for Gotham had the option hidden pretty well in the advanced settings which I wasn't even looking at yesterday. Ah well, got it working now!

I spent forever trying to figure that out last night....
deleted. wrong topic.
Only work with aeon mq for me.

Is possible make to work in aeon nox?

Thanks in advance.
(2014-04-11, 23:18)judocama Wrote: Only work with aeon mq for me.

Is possible make to work in aeon nox?

Thanks in advance.

I believe 4.1.9 Gotham has it already built in.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
Rainbow 
¡Hola, cómo estás Rob!

I am ready for my request! I took time to do some research so I could get back to you with a little more than just an idea.

So what happens is that each movie track I download comes normally with different base line volume, and then I have to go to the computer and process them with Replaygain to normalize them. Usually can't remember which ones I have fetched recently and which ones I have normalized. It feels so great to be able to search and fetch the tunes from within XBMC without touching the computer at all that makes me want to have an option in TvTunes (just for me Smile ) so the normalization could just be integrated seamlessly by having the themes immediately Replaygained when they are fetched. All super automatic!

After researching I found the following two sites. I hope could be of use?
https://bitbucket.org/fk/rgain
https://pypi.python.org/pypi/rgain

It would be terrific if people using your add-on find this idea attractive and useful, and I hope you like this request too.

¡Muchísimas gracias! Lola
(2014-04-12, 16:55)Lola Berwoots Wrote: ¡Hola, cómo estás Rob!

I am ready for my request! I took time to do some research so I could get back to you with a little more than just an idea.

So what happens is that each movie track I download comes normally with different base line volume, and then I have to go to the computer and process them with Replaygain to normalize them. Usually can't remember which ones I have fetched recently and which ones I have normalized. It feels so great to be able to search and fetch the tunes from within XBMC without touching the computer at all that makes me want to have an option in TvTunes (just for me Smile ) so the normalization could just be integrated seamlessly by having the themes immediately Replaygained when they are fetched. All super automatic!

After researching I found the following two sites. I hope could be of use?
https://bitbucket.org/fk/rgain
https://pypi.python.org/pypi/rgain

It would be terrific if people using your add-on find this idea attractive and useful, and I hope you like this request too.

¡Muchísimas gracias! Lola

Hi Lola,

I briefly looked into automatically applying replay gain when themes were downloaded a little while ago (as I also post-process any themes with replay gain). Unfortunately there does not appear to be a "purely python" way of doing this.

The rgain module is dependant on GStreamer which is platform dependant and has different binaries for each OS. This means that (as far as I understand it) we can not include it as a plugin in XBMC. (I believe Jav knows a fair bit about the rules of including binaries - he has commented on things like this in the past). If we want a binary I believe it will not go into the official repository (It would need to be hosted on my own repo), then if we make TvTunes dependant on it, TvTunes in turn will need to be removed from the official repo.

I would be interested in adding this, if there was a way of doing this, but I do not believe we will be allowed to add a module with binaries in - if we can get permission to add a "module.rgain" to xbmc - then I may be able to do that - but we would need to be given the OK first.

Comments/thoughts?

Rob
(2014-04-13, 10:58)rob_webset Wrote: I would be interested in adding this, if there was a way of doing this, but I do not believe we will be allowed to add a module with binaries in - if we can get permission to add a "module.rgain" to xbmc - then I may be able to do that - but we would need to be given the OK first.

Comments/thoughts?

Rob
No it will not be allowed
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2014-04-13, 11:00)Martijn Wrote:
(2014-04-13, 10:58)rob_webset Wrote: I would be interested in adding this, if there was a way of doing this, but I do not believe we will be allowed to add a module with binaries in - if we can get permission to add a "module.rgain" to xbmc - then I may be able to do that - but we would need to be given the OK first.

Comments/thoughts?

Rob
No it will not be allowed

Thanks Martijn, that's what I thought. Do you happen to know of any way from within python/XBMC to apply replay gain? (Is there already a binary in XBMC that I can make use of?)

Thanks

Rob
audio dsp support via binary addons is in the works(as well as other binary addon types, some of which are already possible)
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/4402

edit: I'll ask our audio devs to take a look if this could also be done using AE internally. I guess it would mean exposing the internal replay gain setting of ffmpeg to python and/or json.
(2014-04-13, 21:30)wsnipex Wrote: audio dsp support via binary addons is in the works(as well as other binary addon types, some of which are already possible)
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/4402

edit: I'll ask our audio devs to take a look if this could also be done using AE internally. I guess it would mean exposing the internal replay gain setting of ffmpeg to python and/or json.

Thanks for the information - it appears that the requested support may be possible in the future then!!

Thanks

Rob
Best,

capfuturo

"The world must learn to work together, or finally it will not work at all" - General Eisenhower
  • 31(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TvTunes Addon - Retrieve & Play Soundtracks Whilst Browsing Your Library2