• 43(current)
Release TvTunes Addon - Retrieve & Play Soundtracks Whilst Browsing Your Library
(2014-05-29, 15:07)rob_webset Wrote: I do wonder - as this is in the official repo - can anyone request a Git change to be pulled into it? (I don't know anything about Git as it happens)

Rob

I have given it a go - lets see what happens!

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/4826

Rob
Grooveshark seems to be down. It lets me choose a file then it asks if I want to download it, but the preview never plays. It plays for all of the other services.

I love the add-on by the way. It really gives XBMC the wow factor more anything else.

Is there any plans to bring the functionality to rom collection browser? It would be great to have the theme songs of different games play as you browse around.
(2014-06-08, 20:31)corpgator Wrote: Grooveshark seems to be down. It lets me choose a file then it asks if I want to download it, but the preview never plays. It plays for all of the other services.

This sort of thing seems to occasionally happen - looks like the API to return the stream URL if returning a URL that does not let us stream any more.

(2014-06-08, 20:31)corpgator Wrote: Is there any plans to bring the functionality to rom collection browser? It would be great to have the theme songs of different games play as you browse around.

This would be up to the author of ROM Collection Browser. There are details of how to enable other addons for Theme playing on the Wiki. An example of an addon that makes use of this is VideoExtras.

Rob
Sometimes the theme in movies section doesn't play here, but few seconds later I try again browsing in library list and it works:

ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [C:\XBMC\portable_data\LocalTunes\Kill Bill.mp3]

My themes are referenced in tvtunes.nfo files in movie folder.

Not really a big issue, it happens rarely.
I wish to have Rotten Tomatoes (user+critics) + IMDB both ratings display in skin.
(2014-06-18, 14:52)tinybutstrong Wrote: Sometimes the theme in movies section doesn't play here, but few seconds later I try again browsing in library list and it works:

ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [C:\XBMC\portable_data\LocalTunes\Kill Bill.mp3]

My themes are referenced in tvtunes.nfo files in movie folder.

Not really a big issue, it happens rarely.

So the Kill Bill.mp3 file is valid and playable?

If that is the case then it's a more generic XBMC problem as all TvTunes does is call XBMC's player with the file list.

If it isn't then it could be a TvTunes error - is the file definately at that location (seems like an odd location).

Rob
(2014-06-12, 08:28)rob_webset Wrote:
(2014-06-08, 20:31)corpgator Wrote: Grooveshark seems to be down. It lets me choose a file then it asks if I want to download it, but the preview never plays. It plays for all of the other services.

This sort of thing seems to occasionally happen - looks like the API to return the stream URL if returning a URL that does not let us stream any more.

I have managed to track down the changes made to grooveshark that caused the failure, fix at the following location:

https://code.google.com/p/robwebset/source/detail?r=445

Rob
(2014-06-18, 15:59)rob_webset Wrote: So the Kill Bill.mp3 file is valid and playable?

If that is the case then it's a more generic XBMC problem as all TvTunes does is call XBMC's player with the file list.

If it isn't then it could be a TvTunes error - is the file definately at that location (seems like an odd location).

Rob

Yes, the path is valid. As I said, the theme plays fine when I try "again". I'll check later with XBMC debug mode ON to see if it reveals something relevant.
I wish to have Rotten Tomatoes (user+critics) + IMDB both ratings display in skin.
(2014-06-18, 17:44)tinybutstrong Wrote:
(2014-06-18, 15:59)rob_webset Wrote: So the Kill Bill.mp3 file is valid and playable?

Rob

Yes, the path is valid. As I said, the theme plays fine when I try "again". I'll check later with XBMC debug mode ON to see if it reveals something relevant.

Thanks for the clarification, looks like a Gotham? XBMC bug if passing the same file twice will result in different behaviour.

Rob
(2014-06-18, 17:08)rob_webset Wrote:
(2014-06-12, 08:28)rob_webset Wrote:

I have managed to track down the changes made to grooveshark that caused the failure, fix at the following location:

https://code.google.com/p/robwebset/source/detail?r=445

Rob

No-one confirmed that this patch worked for grooveshark - so I have published it anyway (I guess no-one is using grooveshark to download their themes - if that is the case then I will drop it the next time the website changes - no point maintaining and wasting time on something that is not required).

Thanks

Rob
Rainbow 
Hola Rob,

Sorry for not being able to test the patch. I just tried it and it works! I guess with the Football World Cup taking place it is a difficult month for working in the HTPC, I literally don't have access anymore to the main TV in the house because males have taken over it! I have been confined to prepare drinks and nibbles.

Just as corpgator pointed out Grooveshark scraper was down I am sure many more use Grooveshark but perhaps they just wait for the official repo version to get the latest features or fixes and let others deal with testing? Anyway, it is an incredible scraper included in TvTunes and I use it as much as Goear scraper, so I hope you never drop support for it Smile

Many many thanks. Lola

Edición: with Grooveshark I see a Script Failed! message if there is no connection or the site isn't available. The Goear and Souncloud scrapers show now the window "Search Using..." instead which I think is better!! TelevisionTunes scraper shows a message "Site Unreachable" and then takes me to the window saying "Search Using...", so it works good.
Hi guys,

Having a bit of a problem with the add-on. when i open tvtunes and then select "Action: Retrieve Missing Themes" nothing happens.

All the other options work but I cannot work out how to initiate the scan.

Running 13.1 with Aeon MQ5.

any help appreciated
(2014-06-25, 17:04)Lola Berwoots Wrote: Edición: with Grooveshark I see a Script Failed! message if there is no connection or the site isn't available. The Goear and Souncloud scrapers show now the window "Search Using..." instead which I think is better!! TelevisionTunes scraper shows a message "Site Unreachable" and then takes me to the window saying "Search Using...", so it works good.

Hi Lola, do you happen to have a log for the errors?

Thanks, Rob

(2014-06-26, 12:08)aussie_huddo Wrote: Hi guys,

Having a bit of a problem with the add-on. when i open tvtunes and then select "Action: Retrieve Missing Themes" nothing happens.

All the other options work but I cannot work out how to initiate the scan.

Running 13.1 with Aeon MQ5.

any help appreciated

Please can you turn logging on (Both addon and system) and post a log.

Thanks

Rob
@aussie_huddo: does it work if you click on '[Action]: retrieve Missing themes' and then click on 'Play'? Please consider 'Play' as the instruction to go on in the meantime.

@Rob: I think I know what aussie_huddo is talking about. There is a weird pop-up dialogue every time you want to change the filter or select the action to retrieve. It shows a 'Play' instead of, let's say, a 'Select' or 'Proceed' option? The filter can be changed by clicking on 'Play' as well, hehe. It pops up also when fetching themes selecting the video directly from TvTunes's browser.
Best,

capfuturo

"The world must learn to work together, or finally it will not work at all" - General Eisenhower
Hi capfuturo ,

I'm not seeing that behaviour - what settings are you using - I guess this is 13.1 ?

Rob

Hi capfuturo,

I just worked out why you see the "play" dialog - it's because for the setting Video -> File List -> Default Selection Action you have it set to "Choose" - so XBMC always prompts you before calling the VideoExtras addon.

Rob
(2014-06-26, 16:55)rob_webset Wrote: Hi capfuturo ,

I'm not seeing that behaviour - what settings are you using - I guess this is 13.1 ?

Rob

Hi capfuturo,

I just worked out why you see the "play" dialog - it's because for the setting Video -> File List -> Default Selection Action you have it set to "Choose" - so XBMC always probpts you before calling the VideoExtras addon.

Rob
Yeah! I changed that option to 'Resume' instead and it goes straight into TvTunes now. Now I wonder if aussie_huddo's issue is related to what I described. if there is no dialogue coming up after he clicks then it seems to be a different issue. However only his feedback now would help narrowing down things.

PS: you meant TvTunes add-on, not VideoExtras right?
Best,

capfuturo

"The world must learn to work together, or finally it will not work at all" - General Eisenhower
  • 43(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TvTunes Addon - Retrieve & Play Soundtracks Whilst Browsing Your Library2