MPEG2 / MPEG4 streams won't play with OE 3.2.0 and popcornmix's OE Gotham_r16017
Hi,

I'm fiddling with PVR and encountered a problem.

First the background: Rpi is overclocked , 256/256 memory split, SD/USB combo, media is accessed over NFS shares and using pvr.vuplus addon. Codecs are enabled:

Quote:RasPiSala:~ # vcgencmd codec_enabled MPG2
MPG2=enabled
RasPiSala:~ # vcgencmd codec_enabled WVC1
WVC1=enabled

The behaviour: switch to any channel and wait for it to start streaming. Channel apparently opens and immediately goes to "Pause" state. Pressing "Play" doesn't work. The only solution is to press "Stop" and try again. Every single channel behaves the same.

According to Mediainfo both streams are MPEG-TS.

I've recorded 2 channels (one HD and one SD) for about a minute each and uploaded. I haven't touched the files in any way. Both have the original accompanying files (*ts.meta, *ts.sc, etc.).

Debug logs
OE 3.2.0
popcornmix's OE Gotham_r16017

MPEG-TS samples
HD channel
SD channel

Mediainfo files
HD Channel
SD Channel

Tested under OE 3.2.0 and popcornmix's OE Gotham_r16017.

Debug logs show the same channels of the samples. Tried HD channel first, waited ~25s, tried SD channel.

I have compiled OE master head (Frodo and Gotham with internal ffmpeg, external ffmpeg 1.2.x and 2.0x) and XBMC master HEAD, changed a few libavformat things - probesize, analyzeduration and fpsprobesize - and still nothing. No joy.

I'll gladly give Teamviewer and SSH access to my RPis, Ubuntu, Windows and Vuplus Solo 2 to help sort this out. From my tests, a lot of European providers suffer from the same problem.

Thanks.

hudo

** EDIT **
This is not a problem with RPi. After the initial tests, I tried Ubuntu and Windows and XBMC behaves the same.
Please move the post accordingly-
** EDIT END **
That's a problem of the backend you use. PMT is supposed to hold only a single program with valid streams.
OK, thanks.

Will continue to investigate.
I was not entirely correct on this. In case there is more than a single program in the PMT, we take the first one which has streams. May not be the desired one.
Yeah, after reading a lot about PMT, SID, PID, EIT, AIT and a lot more acronyms, I managed to figure that. Some dense reading, btw.

Odd thing is most players have a problem with these streams and recordings.
So far the only one I've tested that actually plays the files flawlessly is MPC-HD and it's using FFmpeg 2.0.x. I'm going to try and compile XBMC against MPC-HD's FFmpeg tree. Maybe I get lucky.

** EDIT **
This thread began as related to RPi but really isn't. Feel free to move to an appropriate location.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MPEG2 / MPEG4 streams won't play with OE 3.2.0 and popcornmix's OE Gotham_r160170