XBMC Haswell Pentium G3220
Can confirm B85 Chipset / 4GB RAM / GT630 and Haswell 1150 Pentium G3220 (£50 CPU), 60GB OCZ VERTEX 2 SSD

I had concerns over the Pentium dual core and was edging towards Core i3 (another £50!)....but in this budget restricted times I thought i'd try the Pentium chip........

Runs XBMC flawlessly.

:-)

Very pleased.
(2013-09-30, 16:35)richsmif Wrote: Can confirm B85 Chipset / 4GB RAM / GT630 and Haswell 1150 Pentium G3220 (£50 CPU), 60GB OCZ VERTEX 2 SSD

I had concerns over the Pentium dual core and was edging towards Core i3 (another £50!)....but in this budget restricted times I thought i'd try the Pentium chip........

Runs XBMC flawlessly.

:-)

Very pleased.

,,,Runs fine on an atom CPU...what's your point lol.

It's all down to the GPU.
I don't agree. As this machine has been running overtime sometimes the movies lag or skip a frame. Not major or enough to annoy me. It maybe only once or twice during a movie.

I am running the same graphics card. gt630. So not gpu related. I never had this issue when I was using core i3. I swapped because I was using i3 in another machine. The only thing I can think of is the machine is busy scraping or checking or doing something enough to interrupt it. I3 is quick enough to plough through without dropping frames. I am using ssd and hard wired gigabit network.

So when funds available I'll be purchasing another Haswell i3 and using this celeron in my freenas box.

Just thought I'd post my feedback.

Oh forgot to say I'm using Xbmcubuntu version.
it would even run perfectly without the GT630
Even a 40 dollar Celeron 1820 is enough ... including 4K decoding.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
I required bit streaming for dolby hd master. My old sandy bridge never worked correctly with my onkyo amp. The gt630 works flawlessly
Yeah - that als changed some months ago. Now it's only mostly "broken AVRs" that transmit EDID infos at will, that are not working nicely.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
When Gotham goes stable I'll rebuild without the GT630 and do some tests. Having the card does increase the power of the machine and electricity in England is pricey.
It's not really xbmc, that you need to update, but recent kernel (concerning audio) and recent libva (concerning video) - like here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=165707
(2014-02-02, 12:38)richsmif Wrote: I don't agree. As this machine has been running overtime sometimes the movies lag or skip a frame. Not major or enough to annoy me. It maybe only once or twice during a movie.

I am running the same graphics card. gt630. So not gpu related. I never had this issue when I was using core i3. I swapped because I was using i3 in another machine. The only thing I can think of is the machine is busy scraping or checking or doing something enough to interrupt it. I3 is quick enough to plough through without dropping frames. I am using ssd and hard wired gigabit network.

So when funds available I'll be purchasing another Haswell i3 and using this celeron in my freenas box.

Just thought I'd post my feedback.

Oh forgot to say I'm using Xbmcubuntu version.

I had that same problem.

Changed my cpu governor to performance in Ubuntu and now no skips. I think the issue is that Ubuntu doesn't scale the cpu frequency up quick enough so if anything happens in the background it skips while it scales the cpu up.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Haswell Pentium G32200