Req Save the resume position of a video periodically
Yes, it could probably be done as a service add-on.
And since Gotham is in a feature freeze, that's probably the quickest way to get this working.

Does anyone know of a somewhat similar addon I could use as a starting point?
XBMC.MyLibrary (add anything to the library)
ForTheLibrary (Argus TV & XBMC Library PVR Integration)
SageTV & XBMC PVR Integration
EDIT: better link: http://www.mausberrycircuits.com

I think I'm going to pick up at least one for my Pi's. Very awesome.
(2014-01-08, 00:28)Ned Scott Wrote: EDIT: better link: http://www.mausberrycircuits.com

I think I'm going to pick up at least one for my Pi's. Very awesome.

Seems he's backed up on pre-orders for the car version, which detects the loss of power. This is pretty awesome, though, and I'm keeping my eye on it.

And yes, XBMC does remember video position when it sees the shutdown command :)
@bradvid088 - I'd look at xbmc pause jumpback as a starting point,
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add...e_Jumpback

Basically you'd want to add a periodic thingy that sets the watched point every 10 secs or so. I think it would logically fit within that add on, even.
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
Yeah stop the video every 10 secs would do this *runs* Wink
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
I put together a proof of concept add-on which will automatically resume the video that was playing after XBMC restarts from a crash.
I'll try and standardize it before sharing and hopefully get it included in the XBMC repository.
That would be good - but make the auto play bit optional - for me much better if it saves a played-to marker but doesn't necessarily auto-resume
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
Yeah, it'll all be configurable in the add-on settings
(2014-01-05, 18:48)bradvido88 Wrote: +1 for this.
My use case: XBMC in my car -- when the car turns off XBMC doesn't do a nice shutdown, it just dies so it never saves the resume point of whatever was playing.

That my friend is a electrical wiring problem, you can rewire so that battery power always flows to the XBMC and whatever equipment requires it. Or dont turn the key all the way to OFF position in the ignition, shutdown and then do resume turning key to off.

I nearly choked on my spit laughing when I read this.
I don't have any desire to re-wire in order to provide constant power. I want XBMC to die when the car does. As I said, this has never caused a problem for over a year of heavy use. I'd prefer my car to start when its 30 below rather than my RPi slowly draining my battery because it didn't shutdown properly.
I know we geeks get all freaked out when we don't shut things down properly, but in this case, think of XBMC more as an appliance than a media center.

I just wrote a service add-on which automatically resumes the video that was playing when XBMC died after the car starts again -- so it will work essentially the same of the built-in dvd player of the car. No need to manually find and restart the video.

Works for me.
software > hardware Smile
Yes great, that's what addons are for, so are you going to release and share that addon? That is if you dindt do it already.

In any case enjoy.
Yep I plan to share; just waiting until it's stable and this bug is fixed http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1596461
I've released an addon to do this:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1597580
Surprised this isn't implemented already, although I'm a new user. Since Goth, my RPi/Raspbmc has been crashing a lot for one reason or another. Having the system go right back to where it was in a video or audio file after a crash reboot or sudden power loss would be a big time saver, and feels like a fairly basic ability/option XMBC should have. When it reboots, it simple asks the user "Do you want to resume activity?".

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Save the resume position of a video periodically0