firmware upgrade for Mediagate MG-35 and 45?
Video 
hi to all (not sure if this is the correct location to post this thread plz direct me otherwise thank you).

This is a request to all programmers out there to develop an upgrade package for a certain media device.
The device in question is the MediaGate MG-35 and MG-45, since 2009 i have not been able to find any other firmware upgrades for this device all available upgrades are very basic and i thought that a version of XBMC could be compiled and ran on such a device, i am not sure if the hardware is capable of running such software as i fear it my be to outdated but if it is possible it would be a nice way to utilize some outdated hardware, possibly even a small hardware mod will be enough to make this request a possibility.
there are apps and instructions for developing new firmware upgrade packages and there is some info available on a wiki for this device but since 2009 all operations have ceased.
Here is the latest development thread for the mg-35 :\

( http://mediagate.pbworks.com/w/page/20682925/FrontPage )

( http://mediagate.pbworks.com/w/page/2068...evelopment )

(MOD EDIT: Removed "Work in Progress" prefix and added question mark to thread title. You are not in the process of developing a firmware update for this product, you are requesting someone to develop this for you, hence the "WIP" prefix is misleading)
Welcome to the XBMC forums.

This is very unlikely to happen. Assuming for sake of discussion it is even technically feasible, it would involve monumentally less human effort, time and cost for you to simply buy a low-cost device such as the Raspberry Pi and install a bundled version of Linux/XBMC on it, than it would be for someone else to try to get XBMC to run on the Mediagate device.
Not possible. These players use 10 year old 150 MHz Sigma chips. Time to get a modern device.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
firmware upgrade for Mediagate MG-35 and 45?0