File List, folders and files
Sad 
The listing behaviour has changed. It used to be that folders were always listed before files but now they are all mixed up.

How do I get the old behaviour back?

Was this an intentional change?
Welcome to the XBMC forums.

Open the slide-out menu on the left and change your sort criterion. Don't remember the various options (no access to XBMC at the moment), but just go through them until you find the one that sorts the way you like.
(2013-10-05, 19:44)DuncanG Wrote: The listing behaviour has changed. It used to be that folders were always listed before files but now they are all mixed up.

How do I get the old behaviour back?

Was this an intentional change?

A fix was committed for this 3 days ago - use the next build of whatever software/distribution you completely failed to mention in your post you are using, it may have the update. Or not.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Thanks for the reply, but no..
The sort by date, name, size etc works as before except that now folders are mixed up with files whereas before the folders were listed first regardless of the sort order.

Perhaps I should add that I'm using Openelec (latest) but I presume that this is an XBMC issue.
Will be fixed in OpenELEC 3.2.3.

Or try one of the Frodo or Gotham testbuilds, they're pretty stable.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2013-10-05, 22:14)DuncanG Wrote: Perhaps I should add that I'm using Openelec (latest) but I presume that this is an XBMC issue.

OK, that may explain it. I just tested this on 12.2 for Linux and Windows and sort by "Name" sorts folders and files separately, as expected.
I'd love to get this functionality BACK!

I have collections organized into subfolders (such as Movies/Star Wars/) and it would be nice to have these list in-line alphabetically like OSX does with it's files/folder.

How do we request a feature to sort regardless of type (file/folder)?
Sort by File does that.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I tried this before posting, and all I got was some random listing!? I've not done anything in regards to generating a library, so that could the the issue?
Hi,

Is it possible to have the folder/file mixed intentionally? Even if it's just a keyword I need to put in some file in userdata.

Thanks,
Sure. Read my post above.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

(2014-02-19, 08:57)jmarshall Wrote: Sure. Read my post above.

Ahhhh... my bad, I meant, I want to sort by Date, but with both folders and files mixed..
(2014-02-19, 20:07)dj_sa Wrote: Ahhhh... my bad, I meant, I want to sort by Date, but with both folders and files mixed..

I'd like to sort by date also with folders mixed in. I don't see why something should be listed first just because it's in a folder.
/ OSMC on Raspberry Pi 3 / Kodi 17 RC / FireTV Stick /
(2015-09-29, 21:26)leetwanker Wrote:
(2014-02-19, 20:07)dj_sa Wrote: Ahhhh... my bad, I meant, I want to sort by Date, but with both folders and files mixed..

I'd like to sort by date also with folders mixed in. I don't see why something should be listed first just because it's in a folder.

I would love this as an option too; couldn't agree more.

Edit: fwiw, I've bumped a feature request I made about 4 years ago! http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=138762
Yes, please. I just want to sort by date with the newest files/folders at top. I see no reason why folders should be at the top of the list... especially when sorting by date!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
File List, folders and files0