• 28(current)
WIP Discuss improvements for pvr section
at the moment i use the margro builds witch have much faster switching times. but as far as i know the margro patches are not accepted for official xbmc. are there any plans to improve the channel switching time in official xbmc 14?
**Improvement**
you still have time to change !!!
watch gallery

add group logo,this is to simple and looks simple
Changig group in new window is good and sorting of channel works well Smile
XBoxMediaCenter (Kodi Matrix ) 19.3 , AndroidBox -Matrix Skin AeonMQ6
(2014-07-19, 20:01)Angelinas Wrote: **Improvement**

your image links are broken.
so a few more suggestion of things that I would like to see incorporated into the PVR / Live TV feature of XBMC.

1) When I am navigating the EPG and I select on a program in another time slot (for example the current time is 6pm and I am browsing shows in the 8pm time slot), XBMC starts a live stream of that channel where instead I wanted XBMC to popup an info window providing me with the shows info and if I would like to record it or set a reminder. I know its possible to hit the info button but there are times that I forget about that button and I purely use the direction arrows and select key on my remote.

2) I would like to see an option in the settings that allows me to set the default channel group on start up. Currently when I restart XBMC and then navigate to the channels list the default channel group that is displayed contains all my channels. I then have to change the group to my HD channels group. I would like a setting that would allow me to set my HD channels group as the default group displayed on start up.

just a few more suggestion to get better usability into the PVR software that mimics standard features in cable company's STBs.
(2014-07-21, 19:16)Talguy Wrote: 1) When I am navigating the EPG and I select on a program in another time slot (for example the current time is 6pm and I am browsing shows in the 8pm time slot), XBMC starts a live stream of that channel where instead I wanted XBMC to popup an info window providing me with the shows info and if I would like to record it or set a reminder. I know its possible to hit the info button but there are times that I forget about that button and I purely use the direction arrows and select key on my remote.

Just to clarify, do you mean that if you select a programme in the EPG timeline that's currently being aired you want XBMC to switch to that channel, but if it's in a different timeslot you want the info window to pop up when you press select? If so, I entirely agree with your suggestion and did post the same suggestion in this thread http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1721492.
Cyrils, Yes that is exactly what I meant.
Is there a list of what (since the start of thread) is implemented or not and what is on the todo list, or just the ideas suggested?
I can read all 28 pages but it makes it more simple if there is a list already.
(2014-07-16, 09:00)xhaggi Wrote: now after we finished and merged the new PVR windows, all skins are incompatible against the current master, except confluence.
i'll write up a migration guide, in the skin dev section, in the next days.

Does this applies only to helix or are the changes in 13.2 as well?
(2014-07-22, 06:06)qzem Wrote:
(2014-07-16, 09:00)xhaggi Wrote: now after we finished and merged the new PVR windows, all skins are incompatible against the current master, except confluence.
i'll write up a migration guide, in the skin dev section, in the next days.

Does this applies only to helix or are the changes in 13.2 as well?
xhaggi's changes are only in Helix, such large changes wouldnt go into a gotham point release
pvr.wmc TV addon and ServerWMC Backend Development Team
http://bit.ly/ServerWMC
(2014-07-21, 19:16)Talguy Wrote: so a few more suggestion of things that I would like to see incorporated into the PVR / Live TV feature of XBMC.

1) When I am navigating the EPG and I select on a program in another time slot (for example the current time is 6pm and I am browsing shows in the 8pm time slot), XBMC starts a live stream of that channel where instead I wanted XBMC to popup an info window providing me with the shows info and if I would like to record it or set a reminder. I know its possible to hit the info button but there are times that I forget about that button and I purely use the direction arrows and select key on my remote.

do you have a full featured remote? if so it's easy to map a button to show the info (on mine it's the info button), if not change the setting (LiveTV > EPG > Default Action) for the default action to "Context menu". First entry is "Switch to channel" so if you click OK twice you switch to the channel and BTW you can easily access everything from there.

(2014-07-21, 19:16)Talguy Wrote: 2) I would like to see an option in the settings that allows me to set the default channel group on start up. Currently when I restart XBMC and then navigate to the channels list the default channel group that is displayed contains all my channels. I then have to change the group to my HD channels group. I would like a setting that would allow me to set my HD channels group as the default group displayed on start up.

just a few more suggestion to get better usability into the PVR software that mimics standard features in cable company's STBs.

we remember the last selected channel group in the upcoming release of XBMC 14 (Helix).
(2014-07-19, 20:01)Angelinas Wrote: **Improvement**

sorry, but IMO this has minor priority and i'm not sure if this makes it way into XBMC.
(2014-07-21, 21:31)schumi2004 Wrote: Is there a list of what (since the start of thread) is implemented or not and what is on the todo list, or just the ideas suggested?
I can read all 28 pages but it makes it more simple if there is a list already.

we have now published our TODO as sticky thread here in the PVR development forum

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=196022
(2014-07-22, 08:47)xhaggi Wrote:
(2014-07-21, 19:16)Talguy Wrote: so a few more suggestion of things that I would like to see incorporated into the PVR / Live TV feature of XBMC.

do you have a full featured remote? if so it's easy to map a button to show the info (on mine it's the info button), if not change the setting (LiveTV > EPG > Default Action) for the default action to "Context menu". First entry is "Switch to channel" so if you click OK twice you switch to the channel and BTW you can easily access everything from there.

IMHO the most sensible way for this to work would be for the 'LiveTV > EPG > Default Action' setting to only apply to 'not currently airing' programs.
Exactly as Talguy mentions, I do the same thing, and hit OK instead of Info when I actually want to set a recording on a future program, but it starts the channel since my default action is to start playback.

If the currently airing program always responded to a click / OK by tuning, and then any future (not airing) program responded by whatever action is in 'LiveTV > EPG > Default Action' it would give a much slicker experience, and none of the 'double OK' pressing and context menus popping up..
some users use the EPG as channel osd replacement and they would say the opposite, because if you don't stay on a aired program you get the info instead of switching to the channel.
Minor thing but I'll throw it out there anyway. Why does the EPG guide progress bar move? Given the EPG itself scrolls incrementally (all be it in larger chunks) it's counter intuitive to have the progress bar also move imho. Most commercial epg's I've seen or used that feature a current progress indicator have it in a fixed position. The EPG then scrolls smoothly beneath it.

PS: Really nice to see some love for the live tv stuff. I'd started to think a few months ago that it was going to become the forgotten step child of xbmc development Big Grin
  • 28(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Discuss improvements for pvr section1