• 15(current)
WIP Discuss improvements for pvr section
Which default? Gotham or Frodo?

I would like to see the default be Frodo (no back in time). But, that ship apparently sailed even before Gotham went to Beta.

(2014-04-07, 13:27)im85288 Wrote: @odenkamp - as many have mentioned on this thread they are not (and neither am I) accustomed to going back in time in the EPG. It is not only about pressing "back" it is about usability. I would say most people use the EPG to find something to watch either now or something to record in the future. When complete they use the left button to go back to the "current" viewing time. I have not seen one comment on this thread from anyone who actually wants this feature to be the default (or have I miss read it?)

Which default? Gotham or Frodo?

I would like to see the default be Frodo (no back in time). But, that ship apparently sailed even before Gotham went to Beta.

(2014-04-07, 13:27)im85288 Wrote: @odenkamp - as many have mentioned on this thread they are not (and neither am I) accustomed to going back in time in the EPG. It is not only about pressing "back" it is about usability. I would say most people use the EPG to find something to watch either now or something to record in the future. When complete they use the left button to go back to the "current" viewing time. I have not seen one comment on this thread from anyone who actually wants this feature to be the default (or have I miss read it?)
(2014-04-07, 16:58)advocate99 Wrote: Which default? Gotham or Frodo?

Well the default now is that the LingerTime is there for everyone (i.e. meaning we can go back in time on the EPG), my question was I have not seen any comments on this Thread where anyone has said this is a useful feature for them. So IMO the default for Gotham and the future should be for this to be the way it was in the Frodo version and if any advanced user want's to use this feature they can add it to the advanced settings xml. Currently it seems to me that the default is the wrong way round, requiring the majority of users to have to change this in the advanced settings xml.
While I am not a developer I like to provide my input from time to time and my time to test new functionality in order to make the PVR experience the same as provided by the Movies and TV Show sections of XBMC. I'm glad we discussed the EPG backwards in time functionality to death and have a possible resolution to it that will come in down stream versions of 13.X Gotham or v14 so I want to change topics here. Since XBMC is now my primary Live TV box I have been using it a lot and noticed one thing that needs to be fixed. Have we looked at or plan on looking at improving the load times of the EPG timeline view? I noticed that when I go from the home screen to the EPG timeline view in Confluence, Artic (WIP) or Eminence (WIP) it takes a while to load the view. Once I select a channel the video feed appears and I enjoy my show. When I want to go back to the EPG view by either pressing the back button or the "E" key it takes a while to load the EPG view again. Does XBMC unload the EPG view from memory every time we navigate away from?
Surely some optimization will be done, but it's difficult to find the right spots since about the only people who ever complain about slow times are Raspberry Pi users.
Well I'm not a raspberry pi user
@im85288: I've laid out the two options before for Gotham - either rip the feature out completely, or fix the usability issues without using a hack and without adding new strings. Now if the back button takes you back, and if you can disable the feature if you don't like it via as.xml for Gotham, then it's fine with me for this release.
As for people complaining in this topic, sure, but it's mostly the same people posting in here over and over, and 99.9% of our users doesn't even use these forums or try a beta version. With linger time set to 60 minutes, as has been the default for years, the window doesn't behave much differently from earlier releases at all.

@Talguy: the slowness of the window is a result of the hacky approach the pvr window uses for the different views. It needs to be fixed by splitting up these views into separate windows, so proper caching can be used. I've hacked in some basic caching in some points already, but it can't be done properly until the code has been cleaned up.
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]
personal website: [link]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

If you like my work, please consider donating to me and/or Team XBMC.
Fair enough, I guess it is more the advanced user that comes to the forums and they can change it if needed. As a skinner I'm looking forward to where this goes post gotham and thanks for all the hard work going into improving the PVR area in general Smile
(2014-03-05, 19:12)Jönke Wrote:
(2014-02-06, 12:08)opdenkamp Wrote: Regarding the title: I think it should be made visible indeed.
Regarding the back button / left: when you keep pressing left, every pvr view will take you to the view selection. Back is just a shortcut that's been added so you don't have to keep pressing left. A button called "back" that takes you back to where you came from, the view selection, is perfectly fine with me.

So, once these two usability issues have been addressed, what's the problem with this?

Issue
When press back on mce remote from timeline view it takes me to "view selection" just like it should. But on second press it closes timeline view and takes me to xbmc home meny with live tv running in the background (behind pictures, livetv, movies, music bar). Not always, but always from boot and if you stop and start live tv.

So what do i need to map in keymap.xml to always get right to full screen live tv from timeline view ? Or is it a bug ?

I would like it to be:
First press go to view selection
Second press close epg/timeline view and go back to fullscreen live tv
Third press with fullscreen live tv running, go to xbmc home meny (already works)

@xhaggi and opdenkamp

Whats your thought about this ?
When exit from epg timeline view with live tv running in background:

Should back button go back to full screen live tv or xbmc home meny with live tv running behind pictures, livetv, movies, music bar ?
here is a description on how MediaPortal handles EPG grid (see screenshot http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/@api/de...iewepg.png ). It's also a bit clunky if you ask me, but probably the best you can do with a grid:

There pressing left will first move the focus to the most left item on current "page". Next press will then focus the channel list (which on click triggers the now/next view for that channel btw), after that focus moves to channel-group selector and only when pressing left again, timeline is starting to scroll back. There is also no stop gap on current timeslot while scrolling back, so you also shoot over that "target", and they also have pastepg by default - haven't checked how far back though, but at least 12 or 24h. While focus in on channel list, you can also navigate up to the time bar and jump days using the left/right arrows.

Maybe we can add a simmilar behavior for TheHoff.
@opdenkamp

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1672869
I post this request in XBMC general ,but this is the right place

I got some problem with db
You need to add some tags in epg structures for PVR.
All of tags with : varcher (128) and txt i use for some details in my EPG I need more.....
sPlotOutline - Icon source
sEpisodeName - Actor (Have First actor from epg on db, but xbmc cant Show Info missing ListitemEpisodeName)
sGanre - Ganre
sTitle - Title
sPlot - Description

Whats chance to add in next XBMC version this Name in Database structure - epgtags and Listitem for them ,I need this for details in PVR not video.

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...se.cpp#L53

Actor field txt
Director field txt
Writer field txt
IconSource field txt
Sub-Title field txt
GroupLogo field txt

Code:
CLog::Log(LOGDEBUG, "EpgDB - %s - creating table 'epgtags'", __FUNCTION__);
m_pDS->exec(
"CREATE TABLE epgtags ("
"idBroadcast integer primary key, "
"iBroadcastUid integer, "
"idEpg integer, "
"sTitle varchar(128), "
"sPlotOutline text, "
"sPlot text, "
"iStartTime integer, "
"iEndTime integer, "
"iGenreType integer, "
"iGenreSubType integer, "
"sGenre varchar(128), "
"iFirstAired integer, "
"iParentalRating integer, "
"iStarRating integer, "
"bNotify bool, "
"iSeriesId integer, "
"iEpisodeId integer, "
"iEpisodePart integer, "
"sEpisodeName varchar(128)"
XBoxMediaCenter (Kodi Matrix ) 19.3 , AndroidBox -Matrix Skin AeonMQ6
Your post makes absolutely no sense to me. What exactly is it that should be added?
post is directid to author not you
Maybe for you no sens but I have this strings in my epg.xml and i want to XBMC create this epg database for PVR,later i will change PVR SimpleIPTV,to put my epg ditels in this tabell
this is how looks the original DB tabel for epg who create XBMC,PVR just put right tags in tabel.
I need to author of XBMC to add this colons
Original structur of EPG for PVR
Code:
"idBroadcast integer primary key, "
"iBroadcastUid integer, "
"idEpg integer, "
"sTitle varchar(128), "
"sPlotOutline text, "
"sPlot text, "
"iStartTime integer, "
"iEndTime integer, "
"iGenreType integer, "
"iGenreSubType integer, "
"sGenre varchar(128), "
"iFirstAired integer, "
"iParentalRating integer, "
"iStarRating integer, "
"bNotify bool, "
"iSeriesId integer, "
"iEpisodeId integer, "
"iEpisodePart integer, "
"sEpisodeName varchar(128)"
Add this and all you need to write columns and read from them
Code:
"sSub-Title varchar(128)"
"sActor varchar(128)"
"sDirector varchar(128)"
"sWriter varchar(128)"
"sIconSource varchar(128)"
"sGroupLogo varchar(128)"
My EPG.Xml is like of this and I want it all from him
Code:
<programme channel="channel88" stop="20140410195800 +0200" start="20140410193000 +0200">
<title>Dnevnik</title>
<sub-title>Diary</sub-title>
<image>url/-4919-4aeb-bb81-4cf1a6ab5af1.jpg</image>
<director>Robert Orhel</director>
<writer>Saša Runjić</writer>
<actor>Livia Brito</actor>
<actor>Juan Diego Covarrubias</actor>
<actor>Cynthia Klithbo</actor>
<category>Drama</category>
XBoxMediaCenter (Kodi Matrix ) 19.3 , AndroidBox -Matrix Skin AeonMQ6
This thread is for everyone, that's why I asked you to clarify.

I don't think adding fields is a big problem, it's just that 99% of the world doens't have that information so it will be useful to a really small group of people.
Agreed.

(2014-04-10, 16:19)negge Wrote: This thread is for everyone, that's why I asked you to clarify.
@Angelinas

"sActor varchar(128)" doesn't make any sense in your current proposal. There can be more than one actor, so you need a database relation to the actors table instead. Same with director/writer (I assume there can be more then one) maybe.

What's the "groupLogo" supposed to store, or what is it used for? Logo/Icon of a channel group? If so, this is not related to the EPG entry but the channel group.

And what's "sub-title" supposed to contain? The episode title? The database scheme inside XBMC has to be generic and not specific to one particular PVR backend - so it would be nice if you could explain what those fields will contain and we can come up with suitable name or DB structure.
  • 15(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Discuss improvements for pvr section1