• 5(current)
Media Browser - Streaming/Transcoding and managment server for Kodi
It's always straight from server to device.
We have a new server release up, and it brings a lot of exciting new features.

You want your auto-organize? We got your auto-organize. Now you can manage your downloads using our server's web interface. You can monitor the activity log, and if we fail to identify an episode you can correct it right from the browser without having to go to your download folder to rename it manually.

You want more metadata settings? We have your metadata settings. Now you choose and prioritize all of your inputs and outputs. You want tv fetching from TvDb, TheMovieDb, Fanart, along with saving to Media Browser Xml and Xbmc Nfo? Done.

Our new modular metadata is going to lead to a whole new breed of plugins. Would you like to see more inputs and outputs? Well join us and request them, or make that your contribution.

Do you want to be able to search all languages when you download images? Done.

TheMovieDb has TV now. Do you want to be able to see Tvdb, Tmdb and Fanart images all at the same time? Done.

And music is just as robust with MusicBrainz, TheAudioDb, Last.Fm and Fanart:

Awesome!

Question with the Auto Organizing... Does this work with rar or zip folders too? Will MB3 server unzip these into the correct season folder?
Very nice update! I really like all these new features, not to mention how quickly they're being added. Thanks for all the hard work!

Will you be adding the ability to edit trailers in the Metadata Manager? It'd be very useful to remove any trailer URLs we don't want, or add new ones in we do, without needing to manually edit the movie .nfo files ( especially since MB3 automatically adds all listed trailers on TheMovieDB, for example, with no option to disable adding them without disabling TheMovieDB fetcher entirely ).
This is fantastic. Movies and tvshows have been great before and now we finally even have full music support. This is exceptional and fully compatible with XBMC. Would suggest everyone passionate about music in XBMC to give it a try. Will bring things to a new level!!!
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
(2014-03-01, 07:23)steve1977 Wrote: This is exceptional and fully compatible with XBMC. Would suggest everyone passionate about music in XBMC to give it a try. Will bring things to a new level!!!

i have to agree.
i was expecting organizing my music collection to take months to do but it was done in a few days with the help of this tool.
it made it much easier to add artwork, generate nfos and edit meta data as well as see what was missing at a glance.
there are a few areas with regards to music id love to see added that could make it even better but im sure those will come in time.
(2014-03-01, 10:04)Vampirebat Wrote:
(2014-03-01, 07:23)steve1977 Wrote: This is exceptional and fully compatible with XBMC. Would suggest everyone passionate about music in XBMC to give it a try. Will bring things to a new level!!!

i have to agree.
i was expecting organizing my music collection to take months to do but it was done in a few days with the help of this tool.
it made it much easier to add artwork, generate nfos and edit meta data as well as see what was missing at a glance.
there are a few areas with regards to music id love to see added that could make it even better but im sure those will come in time.

What would these things be and have you shared with Luke? Better musicclips integration may be one, but besides that it appears quite complete for me since the last serve update.
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
(2014-03-02, 03:22)steve1977 Wrote: What would these things be and have you shared with Luke? Better musicclips integration may be one, but besides that it appears quite complete for me since the last serve update.

the meta data editor doesnt allow you to reorder tracks it saves they in you nfos in whatever order it feels like and the only way i can see to fix this is to edit them by hand with notepad.

example:
these files are all tagged correctly.
the album nfo lists them as
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?>
<album>
  <review><![CDATA[Saying that Everlast showed a great deal of artistic growth between his first and second solo albums would be a understatement. While 1989/1990's Forever Everlasting was a decent, if uneven, debut, Everlast's second solo album, Whitey Ford Sings the Blues is an amazingly eclectic gem that finds him really pushing himself creatively. Between those two albums, Everlast joined and left House of Pain, which evolved into one of the most distinctive rap groups of the 1990s. While Pain's albums thrived on wildness for its own sake, Whitey Ford has a much more introspective and serious tone. Everlast, who was born with a heart defect, was in the process of recording the album when he needed life-saving open-heart surgery; in fact, he was lucky that he was around to see Whitey Ford completed and released. Though not without its share of hardcore b-boy rap, Whitey Ford also finds Everlast playing acoustic guitar, doing some singing, and exploring folk-rock, Memphis soul, and heavy metal. As a singer, Everlast has a relaxed style that sounds a bit like Gil Scott-Heron. 'Today (Watch Me Shine),' 'Ends,' and 'What It's Like' venture into Neil Young/Bob Dylan territory, while 'Hot to Death' is blistering metal with industrial touches. And the plot thickens -- on 'The Letter,' he raps over a jazz-influenced piano. Given how rap's hardcore tends to frown on rappers crossing over to rock, it took guts for Everlast to be so diverse. But it's a good thing that he did, for his risk-taking pays off handsomely on this outstanding release. ~ Alex Henderson, Rovi

User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.]]></review>
  <customrating>
  </customrating>
  <lockdata>false</lockdata>
  <dateadded>2014-02-16 09:44:24</dateadded>
  <title>Whitey Ford Sings the Blues</title>
  <originaltitle>Whitey Ford Sings the Blues</originaltitle>
  <year>0</year>
  <premiered>1998-09-08</premiered>
  <releasedate>1998-09-08</releasedate>
  <genre>Rap &amp; Hip-Hop</genre>
  <studio>Tommy Boy</studio>
  <art>
    <poster>\\TOWER\Music\Everlast\Everlast - Whitey Ford Sings the Blues (1998)\folder.jpg</poster>
  </art>
  <artist>Everlast</artist>
  <track>
    <position>8</position>
    <title>Hot to Death</title>
    <duration>03:49</duration>
  </track>
  <track>
    <position>14</position>
    <title>Death Comes Callin'</title>
    <duration>04:16</duration>
  </track>
  <track>
    <position>6</position>
    <title>Sen Dog</title>
    <duration>00:15</duration>
  </track>
  <track>
    <position>5</position>
    <title>Get Down</title>
    <duration>03:59</duration>
  </track>
  <track>
    <position>7</position>
    <title>Tired</title>
    <duration>02:22</duration>
  </track>
  <track>
    <position>2</position>
    <title>Money</title>
    <duration>03:14</duration>
  </track>
  <track>
    <position>12</position>
    <title>Today</title>
    <duration>05:02</duration>
  </track>
  <track>
    <position>1</position>
    <title>The White Boy Is Back</title>
    <duration>00:44</duration>
  </track>
  <track>
    <position>13</position>
    <title>Guru</title>
    <duration>00:17</duration>
  </track>
  <track>
    <position>11</position>
    <title>Praise the Lord</title>
    <duration>03:05</duration>
  </track>
  <track>
    <position>10</position>
    <title>Prince Paul</title>
    <duration>00:58</duration>
  </track>
  <track>
    <position>4</position>
    <title>What It's Like</title>
    <duration>05:03</duration>
  </track>
  <track>
    <position>9</position>
    <title>Painkillers</title>
    <duration>03:23</duration>
  </track>
  <track>
    <position>18</position>
    <title>Next Man</title>
    <duration>03:52</duration>
  </track>
  <track>
    <position>17</position>
    <title>7 Years</title>
    <duration>04:05</duration>
  </track>
  <track>
    <position>3</position>
    <title>Ends</title>
    <duration>04:33</duration>
  </track>
  <track>
    <position>16</position>
    <title>The Letter</title>
    <duration>02:05</duration>
  </track>
  <track>
    <position>15</position>
    <title>Funky Beat</title>
    <duration>04:03</duration>
  </track>
</album>
as you can see the tracks are numbered correctly but listed out of order in the nfo for some reason.
also the <Year> field is "0" even tho it is tagged in the id3 tag on each file.
Thanks. Track order will be fixed for the next version of the plugin. Year is fixed in the current release although if your library items still show 0 they will need to be refreshed from the web client to correct that.
I've installed the addon in Media Browser Server but don't see any difference in Media Browser Server. What am I doing wrong?
Which add-on, the Xbmc nfo plugin? The update won't actually go public until next weekend when the next server release is out, so I don't think you actually have it yet.
I assume the pictures I see in lukemb's post are from Media Browser Server in combination with the XBMC plugin. So I installed with Media Browser Server the plugin "Xbmc Metadata Saver". But when I open Media Browser Classic I don't have that view.
These screens are actually from the web interface, built right into the server. You can launch it via the system tray. Right click -> Browse Library
so i have a question about the metadata editor.
i can see how to add cast to a movie

but a lot of actor images are missing and im not sure how to add them because once you edit one of them there doesnt appear to be a way to add an image

Yes that page could use some improvement. I'll look into it.

The latest server release adds some great new features, starting with DLNA Play To! We can now detect devices on your network and offer the ability to remote control them.

Second, collections (movie sets), can now be created easily using the web interface:

A new identification feature has been added to the editing interface to easily correct mis-matches. Just type in a search term and click on the correct title.

Lastly, we've added support for Xbmc movie stubs (.disc file extension). Now you can create dummy movies in your library that will appear on the server. When you try to play them in our apps, they'll tell you to get up off of the couch and insert the disc.

Also one bit of news - the linux and OSX releases of the server are in final testing and will be available for download on the website soon. We're looking for more testers as well as developers who have experience releasing software on OS X and various linux distros. So let me know if you'd like to join the team and help out.
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media Browser - Streaming/Transcoding and managment server for Kodi6