• 1(current)
XBMC v12.2 crashing on OS X 10.9 Mavericks
XBMC v12.2 crashes on Mac OS X 10.9 (Mavericks)

Update to XBMC v12.3: http://xbmc.org/download
Thanks Ned, now I can upgrade to Maverick today Smile
Kodi: Kodi 17.4, with Transparency!
50 TB Unraid Server: Docker Apps: SABnzbd, Sickrage, mariaDB
HTPC: Win10 (cause Steam), i7, GTX 1080
Watching on: Panasonic TC65-PS64 with lowend Sony 5.1 HTIB
Other devices: rMBP 15", MBA 13", nvidia shield
Patch works perfectly but still has the mouse problem? I tried nightlys and none work for me because XBMC crashes when I try to open a media source...
Thanks Ned. I was just about to respond to those slamming some of your team when the thread was closed. People need to understand, this is the open source community. The fact that we're able to get the developers involved in the forums at all is something we all take for granted.

So, count to 10 if they're a little grumpy...they're spread quite thin and there's a lot more people whining about nice to haves than thanking them for all of the hard work they do.
The torrent and the patch works perfectly!!! Thank You!
(2013-10-25, 15:46)Ned Scott Wrote: [*] Wait for 12.3 to be released

Just wondering, what's the best way to find out about this release when it comes out?
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
(2013-10-25, 16:39)wgstarks Wrote:

Just wondering, what's the best way to find out about this release when it comes out?

Keep an eye on the blog. That's where we announce everything.
(2013-10-25, 16:39)wgstarks Wrote:

When it is released we will announce this through the usual channels: xbmc.org blogpost, Facebook, Twitter. So this news will be hardly missed
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Mouse problem solved.
- press cmd-f to go from full screen to window mode, mouse pointer is now usable through the whole screen
- then click the green ball to maximize the window, mouse pointer is still usable through the whole screen
- then in the XBMC-menu "Window" choose "Full/Windowed Toggle"
- problem solved

Mouse problem solved.
- press cmd-f to go from full screen to window mode, mouse pointer is now usable through the whole screen
- then click the green ball to maximize the window, mouse pointer is still usable through the whole screen
- problem solved
(2013-10-25, 18:35)Vicz Wrote: Mouse problem solved.
- problem solved

Mouse problem solved.
- problem solved

I can’t have my mouse working properly on Full Screen, I must put the windowed mode every time I need to shut down (bottom left icon) for example.
Is there anything missing, some definition on System/Settings perhaps?
I did what Vicz said and it's working fine - the fix persists restarts of XBMC.
(2013-10-25, 19:02)Ridicule Wrote: I did what Vicz said and it's working fine - the fix persists restarts of XBMC.

I assume you’re using 12.2 patch, when I do the step to go to XBMC menu “Window” and choose Full/Windowed Toggle XBMC changes to Full Screen and my mouse do not cross the bar where you have the shutdown button, I don’t know what could be the problem...
Yep (if I was using one of the Gotham builds I would have said which one) Smile I do have XBMC on my dock though. Tried launching with the application instead of the link and there's no difference in behaviour.

Mac Mini, running OS X 10.9 (13A603).

The mouse cursor/arrow is not able to point to the area that is used for the notifications ribbon in XBMC though (which is likely desired behaviour - nothing we can do to activate in that area anyways).
Since the other thread is closed, and I know Memphiz will see this post, I wanted to answer him, saying that I think he is completely right, that the people are very very egoist, they do not think they are not paying a buck for this program, probably not even supporting developing (same as me until today, that I did not actually think about how situation should be and will check now how to donate some bucks for the development of XBMC, since I love it), and, even is true there was no advertisement saying "XBMC DOES NOT WORK IN MAVERICKS" there was the fix that works "good enough" in Mavericks, well, is true it doesn't do a good fullscreen in 2nd screen, but, cmon... works good enough for the moment... so the people complaining should just, learn Xcode, and compile by themselves, or just wait for the FREE SOFTWARE for being developed with its time...

Really, you guys complaining are a pain in the ass, and you should understand that a free software without ads, is not supported by the money of the ads, but supported by some people, called developers, that are just doing this for a hobby, and that they do not have to spend lots of bucks in being "official Apple developers" to have Mavericks before... and you cannot TRULY ask for them to download a torrent of os x 10.9 for you to play with XBMC when, not being an official dev, that is illegal (even though is very easy, but illegal).

As said, right now I will just look for the donating place, and will send some bucks, because I really admire your hobby, and I really admire that thanks to your hobby, I can watch movies in a program that looks good and not in that shit of VLC.
donateSmile
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC v12.2 crashing on OS X 10.9 Mavericks1