Osx Mavericks
Hi all,

Just updated to mavericks and now i wished I didn't bother. I now have no sound coming through my tv or my amp. The patch didn't fix this issue, neither did the nightly builds. In fact half the settings are missing in the nightly builds. Btw I'm using a mid 2011 Mac mini server

Is it just a case of waiting for a new release of xbmc or does anyone have a short term fix. Vlc works but. Well when I say works I have the proper sound coming through my amp Smile

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks
Do you have a time machine backup? I would rollback for the time being. Tons of bugs to be worked out on Mavericks as I understand it. OSX is a tricky creature and especially on the brand new 10.9. A lot of unknowns.

Hell, I have enough problems with Mountain Lion builds as it is.

By the way, have you tried changing audio output to "Analog"?
Hi

Thanks for your reply. I've tried everything I can think of. So yes I tried analog Sad on vlc I have to choose hdmi encoded to get the correct output

The only thing I haven't checked on the nightly build. Is the options for audio output. I'm sure I normally have that set to something other that hdmi. But the option just isn't their to try!

Everything else seems find apple DVD player works fine sound from safari works good too.

Btw no I don't have a time machine Sad but I'm seriously considering calling apple tomorrow so they can get me back to mountain lion.
Hrmmm...

Is optical audio an option for you? I can't get HDMI passthrough to work reliably ever since 12.1 (I think?)
Nvidia Shield
Apple TV 4
Well before when I used to select optical I used to get sound anyway. Not sure how tho. But then again when all your films are dts master optical doesn't have the capability to handle it so that would be a pointless option for me

Think it's either back to mountain lion or stick with vlc Smile
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I was under the impression that no version of OSX supports HD audio anyway.

Ubuntu is my fallback option if I must have HD audio. Such a tricky OS to configure as a dual-boot though.
Nvidia Shield
Apple TV 4
I would get the latest Gotham alpha. Works for me. Mouse issue but i can deal with that for now since I use a remote.

http://mirrors.xbmc.org/snapshots/osx/
All I know is that it plays hd audio now. Something that just didn't happen in my old Mac mini pre hdmi lead Smile

I'll try the latest version see how that goes Smile

What is Ubuntu?
(2013-10-25, 22:33)beemarp Wrote: Is optical audio an option for you? I can't get HDMI passthrough to work reliably ever since 12.1 (I think?)

Same issue with me. HDMI is not working. Optical audio works with the add-on amplifying sound output. Without that, it is very quiet. Really hope that the active AudioEngine for Max eventually makes it into the Gotham release.

I don't know whether others have more luck, but XBMC OSX feels pretty much broken to me. Not only on Mavericks, but also on Mountain Lion already.
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
(2013-10-25, 21:48)Chipsteruk Wrote: Hi all,

Just updated to mavericks and now i wished I didn't bother. I now have no sound coming through my tv or my amp. The patch didn't fix this issue, neither did the nightly builds. In fact half the settings are missing in the nightly builds. Btw I'm using a mid 2011 Mac mini server

Is it just a case of waiting for a new release of xbmc or does anyone have a short term fix. Vlc works but. Well when I say works I have the proper sound coming through my amp Smile

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

I switched back to XBMC Eden. Most plugins are broken (plugin authors abandoned Eden prematurely, IMO), but Eden otherwise works perfectly fine for me in Mavericks. I guess you can get a nightly build instead, but other bugs might exist.
THEATER: 11.1.10 Atmos, Epson 3100 3D Projector, DaLite 92" screen, Mixed Dialog Lift  - PSB Speakers; Sources: PS4, LG UP875 UHD, Nvidia Shield (KODI), ATV4K, Zidoo X9S (ZDMC), LD, GameCube
(2013-10-25, 23:00)dicenmo Wrote: I would get the latest Gotham alpha. Works for me. Mouse issue but i can deal with that for now since I use a remote.

http://mirrors.xbmc.org/snapshots/osx/

I´m running Alpha 8 on my Mac Mini that is now using Maverics and after a couple of hours the sound is dead and to be able to hear the sound we need to force a reboot. After a reboot the sound is working fine for a couple of hours, but the mouse is only working in a restricted area!

But, the sound problem is here to stay, because I have got this issues the last year. =/
I just tried the latest build of Gotham and still no audio. I thought osx mavericks got released to devs early so they could sort out all the problems before the official release?
(2013-10-27, 22:04)Chipsteruk Wrote: I just tried the latest build of Gotham and still no audio. I thought osx mavericks got released to devs early so they could sort out all the problems before the official release?

People who paid Apple a developer membership got preview releases of Mavericks, but that's beside the point. XBMC's release schedule is not dictated by Mac OS X. XBMC is made by volunteers and this kind of stuff gets done when people have time.
(2013-10-28, 09:17)Ned Scott Wrote: People who paid Apple a developer membership got preview releases of Mavericks, but that's beside the point. XBMC's release schedule is not dictated by Mac OS X. XBMC is made by volunteers and this kind of stuff gets done when people have time.

Nor should it be, not when so many different OS are supported. And yes the developers are volunteers and yes we are extremely grateful for all their hard work, but why has their tone become so defiant this year? Are they ready to throw in the towel with respect to OSX? It is a fact that since Frodo the problems on a Mac have only increased, not decreased. Some sort of statement about whether the developers think OSX is salvageable in the not too distant future would be much appreciated.
I am ready to throw the towel - yeah ... but we will not ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Osx Mavericks0