A video in the programs background?
Star 
after some months fiddling with the code im getting closer to displaying preview videos for games (or some other type of media!Wink but i just stumbled into a problem, when you call a video to be played it changes to the full or home screen, how can i stop the video from doing this? where is the video player class located?

oh, of course, i need to figure out how to turn on and off the previews in the settings for those who dont want the feature on all the time (although if you dont have a preview video in the program dir it wont do anything).
added manually by pike, check your gmail for verification mail anyhow
sorry that i have no answer for your question, but i would like to say that this sounds great!! Cool
My XBOX built into a Sony Hifi CD-Player Case
XBOX Hifi Media Center Picture Gallery

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

(just quickly browsing through using webcvs so might be completely wrong)

regarding videos being launched in fullscreen.
it seems to me that as long as u start the file using capplication::playfile you should be fine. the player is located in cores/mplayer.cpp (that is cores/mplayer.cpp, not cores/mplayer/mplayer.cpp).

adding a setting is very easy, see guisettings.cpp. basically, u need to do one call to addbool(...) (at the appropriate place), and you're done.
could this sort of thing be extended to the video window, say if you hover over a video file for 5 seconds then it starts playing either in the minimised video like bottom left or possibly behind the entire interface with the interface trasparent over the top?

make it optional of course, but this could be a nice feature just for looks.
check out the orbs skin... they have the video playing in the orb in the top left corner when you want to browse and watch a movie at the same time... follow their lead!
@AzraelK, will you use the xdk's xmv/wmv support to play the video-preview files like media x menu (a.k.a. mxm) does (which you get video files from http://www.xbox-skins.net/games/ for), mediaxmenu (mxm) is by the way open source (the source code is available on <a href="http://www.-my mom-.org" target="_blank">xbin$</a> ftp), or will you use mplayer (alternativly dvdplayer) to play the video-preview files in xbmc's menu?

(weis @ jan. 27 2006,08:54 Wrote:check out the orbs skin...  they have the video playing in the orb in the top left corner when you want to browse and watch a movie at the same time...  follow their lead!
maybe someone can/will correct me but i'm pretty sure the orb skin only use animated gif/png pictures for those "videos", it's not playing real videos via a video-player like mplayer or dvdplayer
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
orbs uses video files broke down into load of graphic images then slideshowed real quick!

not real video.
(gamester17 @ jan. 27 2006,15:07 Wrote:@AzraelK, will you use the xdk's xmv/wmv support to play the video-preview files like media x menu (a.k.a. mxm) does (which you get video files from http://www.xbox-skins.net/games/ for), mediaxmenu (mxm) is by the way open source (the source code is available on <a href="http://www.-my mom-.org" target="_blank">xbin$</a> ftp), or will you use mplayer (alternativly dvdplayer) to play the video-preview files in xbmc's menu?

(weis @ jan. 27 2006,08:54 Wrote:check out the orbs skin...  they have the video playing in the orb in the top left corner when you want to browse and watch a movie at the same time...  follow their lead!
maybe someone can/will correct me but i'm pretty sure the orb skin only use animated gif/png pictures for those "videos", it's not playing real videos via a video-player like mplayer or dvdplayer
no, those are their animations... if you select a divx movie, it begins to play full screen. hit the back button? the movie continues to play in the top left corner with sound and all while you navigate the rest of the xbox.

i doubt it converts the divx stream to a bunch of little gifs and plays them really quickly there...
that is the video player still playing the video, just not in full-screen mode.
i'm not saying it convert the stream... in orbs kotiz also uses images when focused on a homepage control that show up in the orb top left hand corner.

we are talking about something completely different. sorry!
(kraqh3d @ jan. 27 2006,17:20 Wrote:that is the video player still playing the video, just not in full-screen mode.
exactly, and is that not what he wants to do?
Quote:exactly, and is that not what he wants to do?
sorta, but not really. this uses the video overlay. ideally what azrealk wants to do should be implemented as a new control type.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
A video in the programs background?0