• 18(current)
HEADS UP: Filling a list from a directory/plugin
(2014-08-16, 11:40)`Black Wrote: You need a plugin for that. However I'm currently thinking of adding the possibility to have multiple contents in a list.

PHP Code:
<control type="list">
    [...]

#Some static item at the beginning

<content>
        <
item id="1">
            [...]
        </
item>
    </
content>

#Now some dynamic content

<content>special://profile/playlists/video/playlist1.xsp</content>

<content>special://profile/playlists/video/playlist2.xsp</content>
    #And at the end another static content

<content>
        <
item id="1">
            [...]
        </
item>
    </
content>
</
control

@jurialmunkey
Yes will all be possible.
This would be useful for adding a backup item when all content lists are empty.
(2014-08-15, 23:06)`Black Wrote: Instead of focusing the list, you need to focus a button and control the list with it. Then you can use a custom onclick action.

PHP Code:
<control type="button">
    [...]
    <
onup>Control.Move(50,-1)</onup>
    <
ondown>Control.Move(50,1)</ondown>
    <
onclick>PlayMedia($INFO[Container(50).ListItem.FilenameAndPath],1)</onclick>
</
control

You wouldn't by chance know of a trick to get the label to autoscroll left using this method?
Being as though the list doesn't actually have focus it keeps it from autoscrolling like it would for normal focus on the list and for long titles you can only see the label as far as the width of the list.
Add <scroll>true</scroll> to the label.
(2014-08-17, 22:51)Hitcher Wrote: Add <scroll>true</scroll> to the label.

I tried this but all the line items scroll at once now whether they are selected or not and it looks funny...lol
Using the button control move method as mentioned above, when you click up or down to scroll the list the lines don't actually have focus but they are selected and the selected color follows the list up or down but they just didn't scroll as they would using the normal list control to control the list.

[Edit] nevermind... my bad, I added the <scroll>true</scroll> to the itemlayout also. took that out and works like a charm... thank you very much for your help. It is much appreciated.
Only add it to the label/s in the focused layout.
(2014-08-17, 23:27)Hitcher Wrote: Only add it to the label/s in the focused layout.

I figured that out just after I posted the previous post... my bad. It works like a charm now...Thanks for your help. It is much appreciated.
Hi!
I use plugin for content static. During 1 to 3 first seconds (when plugin was delayed get directory ), content static get file as image below:

I use Android box M8.
Thanks.
When using static items for lists before, I used ClearProperty and cycled through the line items to clear my lists before data changes in order for the data to change somewhat gracefully and not abrupt, then I used an animation fade in with a short delay and !IsEmpty(...) to trigger the animation. How would I clear the list properties and do something similar using dynamic content? As it is now, when the data changes and new data is retrieved, It abruptly changes the data and it doesn't look so good. Forgive me if this is a dumb question with a simple answer but I couldn't find a way to do it without having window properties and I am such a newbie wannabe coder...lol... thanks for any clue anyone here could give me.
Use Container(id).IsUpdating
(2014-08-19, 20:30)`Black Wrote: Use Container(id).IsUpdating

Do you mean something like this?
PHP Code:
<animation effect="fade" start="0" end="100" time="400" condition="Container(50).IsUpdating">Conditional</animation

I tried this but it still does the same thing. Am I going about it in the wrong way?

[EDIT] I thought maybe this was a Helix only feature so I tried it with Helix and changed it to !Container(50)IsUpdating and it seems to have worked. Let me ask you though if I am right that this is only a Helix feature and will not work with Gotham?
Also, is there a trick to get the focus to go to the top of the list when the data is changed?
Hi Community,

I am using this to create widgets for the Home Menu, by defining some playlists and loading them via the content tag. I have for example a widget for In Progress Episodes. The widgets are working fine but if the playlist changes ( so for example if a new episode is set to be In Progress), the elements on the widget dont get updated. It only gets updated if a refresh the entire skin.

Is there something I should do for the widget to autoupdate?

Thanks
(2014-03-07, 13:22)Martijn Wrote: FYI i've been modifying the script from BigNoid to make it faster and handle playlists (just like randomandlastitems now does). Will finish it after i get from a month of vacation Smile
Hello

Any news on this

Regards
Hey guy's, I was using this content tag to fill a list from the youtube plugin...

PHP Code:
<content>plugin://plugin.video.youtube/?path=/root/search&amp;feed=search&amp;search=$INFO[Window(Home).Property(Artist)]</content> 

I switched to another youtube addon from here... http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=200735 (which by the way seems like a 100 times speedier) videos start playing almost instantaneously. And now to fill my list I use...

PHP Code:
<content>plugin://plugin.video.bromix.youtube/?action=search&amp;query=$INFO[Window(Home).Property(Artist)]</content> 

It fills the list and the urls when clicked open the video and play just fine... However... $INFO[Player.Title] doesn't show the title of the video anymore. The title shows as "videoplayback" anyone got a clue as to why? and how I would be able to display the title of the video.
I guess is up to the addon developer to fill the labels correctly
(2014-08-23, 08:40)DjCisco Wrote: I guess is up to the addon developer to fill the labels correctly

Yeah, I have asked in the addon thread but haven't gotten any reply.
  • 18(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HEADS UP: Filling a list from a directory/plugin1