Initial black xbmc screen picuntu homeio version
Have now got picuntu up and running on my mk808 but still having trouble with running xbmc.
When I run xbmc from desktop icon I get an empty xbmc black window with no menus/text. I can minimize the window and see its icon in Cairo dock quick launcher right clicking the icon gives me the option of opening in "standalone mode" when xbmc opens in standalone mode all works fine -I have all the menus and confluence skin- if I close the original black window of first opened xbmc instance the second working window freezes. Pls can somebody sort this mess out for me as I am getting more and more frustrated!
Many thanx
what is picuntu?
(2013-11-01, 08:57)wsnipex Wrote: what is picuntu?

see here
http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/77977-ub...much-more/
well, you should take your question to their forum.
I did but nobody seems to know what standalone Xbmc is ! I too don't understand the difference between standalone Xbmc and regular Xbmc.The problem is more a Xbmc problem
Thanx for reply
standalone mode is for running _without_ a window manager.
thanx --Well as xbmc runs in standalone mode without problems the there must be a problem with the window manager as standard xbmc just shows blank xbmc screen without skin--does ne1 know how/where to look in window manager for problems??
Get the following initial error when starting xbmc.bin
"icuntu@picuntu:/usr/lib/xbmc$ ./xbmc.bin
./xbmc.bin: /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libmysqlclient.so.18: no version information available (required by ./xbmc.bin)
/usr/lib/xbmc/xbmc-xrandr: Failed to get size of gamma for output default
/usr/lib/xbmc/xbmc-xrandr: Failed to get size of gamma for output default"
Ne1 know what is the problem?
It's now the 14 January and Wesley Snipes has still not answered your question. Perhaps he's too busy making another one of his action movies ?

BTW. Picuntu is not really a full and proper Linux distribution. It's been modified to run on the Rockchip 3066 processor. The fact that XBMC runs on it at all is a miracle, and a very good thing.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Initial black xbmc screen picuntu homeio version0