Network share problem
Hi,

I've recently just got ATV 2 with xbmc on it, the problem I'm having is connecting to a shared external network drive that is connected to my PC, i can see it but when I click on it, it asks me for a username and password even though there is none on it, any suggestions?
Is this a NAS drive or an external drive connected to your PC and your PC is doing the sharing?
Its an external drive connected to my pc and im using XBMC on ATV2, i can access the other internal shaered drives but just not the external, it keeps asking for a password and username...
Make sure you are sharing the drive properly in Windows, this may help.
Quote:have you tried the 'Everyone' user? .. it only worked for me when I did the following below in Win7:

a) On the shared directory, make sure you have appropriate file permissions (right click Properties->Security tab->'Edit' button.. add 'Everyone' user with read permissions)

b) On the shared directory, make sure you have appropriate share permissions (right click Properties->Sharing tab->'Advanced Sharing'->'Permissions'->'Add'.. add 'Everyone' user with read permissions.

Well I had to do these steps for my setup. Hope this works for anyone out there.
Hey I'm having some trouble I have my hard drive connected to my AirPort Extreme which is in the living room and I'm having trouble connecting my atv2 too it to view my files and videos my Mac mini connects to it no problem, but my atv2 which is I'm my bedroom connected to same network is not or I'm not doing something right? Can anyone help on what I should do or how to connect wirelessly to it? Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Network share problem0