another failed to intialise question
I've been using XBMC since the xbox days but I seem to have been beaten with this problem. I'm using XBMC 12.2 on WIndows 8.1 and all has been running without a problem, however today I have developed the Failed to intialise error and XBMC won't launch. Google seems to have let me down for a sure answer so I'm hoping someone may be able to help. I have uninstalled and reinstalled but no luck.

The last few lines of my log read...

22:18:27 T:2344 NOTICE: Checking resolution 16
22:18:27 T:2344 NOTICE: Running database version Addons15
22:18:27 T:2344 NOTICE: Running database version ViewModes4
22:18:27 T:2344 ERROR: SQL: SQL error or missing database
Query: SELECT idVersion FROM version
22:18:27 T:2344 ERROR: exception in CApplication::Initialize()

So anybody know what the problem is?

full log...http://pastebin.com/4mv8jniu
Something is causing the software to stumble. Without a clear quick diagnosis, I would rename my existing install in C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC to XBMC_Stuck and the C:\Users\PatK\AppData\Roaming\XBMC to XBMC_Stuck then re-install (might be an opportunity to try out Gotham?) and see if a stock unaltered virgin install runs? If it does, then you know something is corrupt with your older set-up and then it becomes a question of what to copy over from the old build/viceversa or start from scratch. If you find that a virgin build doesn't run, then you'll have to look at what changes have happened in the O/S to change things. I suspect a graphic driver issue here, but that's not to say it could be a plethora of things.
Well I seem to have sorted it, I renamed the userdata folder in my the appdata/roaming folder and then XBMC started, so now it's just a case of rebuilding the libraries.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
another failed to intialise question0