Issue playing through XBMC using a projector
Hello all,

I've been hoping to use XBMC for all my Movies & TV recordings but I'm having a strange issue. XBMC plays fine through my PC monitor, but as soon as I connect to my projector it starts to stutter really badly! However when I run the same files through VLC they run smoothly again.

Any ideas? I have a 64bit Win7 and my processor is and AMD a6-5400K. No graphics card.

Thanks in advance
No graphics card is impossible.

My guess is you are not changing your audio settings to match the projectors capabilities.
If you could include some more information (read the sticky post in the Windows forum I placed this thread in) you might get a better answer.
As Kib stated I would recommend you use a GPU, I'm using an Nvidia GPU (GT440) on my Projector/Plasma without any problems they are very cheap get your hands on a Nvidia GT210 around (£20) that will work just fine
Optoma HD Projector, Panasonic TX-P65VT65 Plasma, Pioneer SC2023 AVR, Kef Q65 main, iQ8ds rear, XQ2C centre, XBOX 360 Elite, Samsung LE40C650, SKY HD, Lutron Lighting, Crestron AV2 control

(Server)CPU - AMD Phenom ii 560, MB - M4A78LT-M, 32GB Corsair SSD, 4GB Corsair DDR3, 6x 1.5TB HDD's

XBMC Clients x2 (DSPlayer)
the gpu is on-die with the cpu and there is no need for a standalone gfx card.

pls give us more detail about how u are connected (direct HDMI to projector or using an receiver)

are u trying to switch displays when xbmc is running already? keep in mind that xbmc will scan all supported resolutions and refreshrates of ur monitor(driver) @ startup, so u have to switch ur display before starting xbmc...
Ryzen5 2400g @gigabyte AorusM
Marantz AV7702/MM8003 Combo
Philips 55PFL8007k/12
Sony VW-270ES
Hi guys,

Thanks for the responses. Yup, I meant I had no stand alone graphics card, I use the GPU with the processor.

I'm connected using an HDMI cable and am using a receiver. I boot directly onto the projector so that isn't the issue I think.

Using the guide you suggested, please see further details on my spec below

Using XBMC Frodo 12.2
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
Processor / Graphics is AMD A6-5400
8gb of DDR3 Ram (1333Mhz I think)
Sound is through HDMI. Driver is AMD High Definition Audio Device
Receiver is Onkyo TX-SR605 (approx 5 years old)
I've tried using Confluence & Aeon Nox skins for this

Log is here: http://pastebin.com/Sr6nG4bw

I hope I've done that all OK! Let me know what else would be helpful
So the problem is:
Your projector or the display driver doesnt support 24p.
U try to play an mkv containing a movie encoded in 25 hz while the display / projector is set to 60hz. This causes the stuttering.
Enable the option "adjust Display to match movie framerate" . The projector should switch to 50hz when u select this movie and it should be smooth.
If u play a 24hz/23,976hz file , e.g. a bluray rip, u will have to live with the 3:2 pulldown stuttering @ 60hz, or install another display driver for the projector when the projector should be 24hz compatible...

If the projector is 24p capable, this could be an HDMI problem too, u can try another HDMI cable and disable settings like HDMI control in ur receiver...
Ryzen5 2400g @gigabyte AorusM
Marantz AV7702/MM8003 Combo
Philips 55PFL8007k/12
Sony VW-270ES
Hi,

Apologies for the delay in response. I've tried that & it didn't work at first. Then I reinstalled XBMC & did the same & it appears to have fixed it! Thanks for you help.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Issue playing through XBMC using a projector0