MQ5 Alternate EPG view - updated
(2013-11-23, 15:53)NewMedia Wrote: What do you use for Live TV for UK? Something like just to watch Freeview channels. Is it possible to connect your Sky box through PVR?

I'm not from UK but i'm using XBMC/LiveTV as a replacement for my providers PVR system.

More info about PVR here
(2013-11-23, 16:13)schumi2004 Wrote: I'm not from UK but i'm using XBMC/LiveTV as a replacement for my providers PVR system.

More info about PVR here

XBMC/Live TV is that an addon?
(2013-11-24, 12:38)NewMedia Wrote:
(2013-11-23, 16:13)schumi2004 Wrote: I'm not from UK but i'm using XBMC/LiveTV as a replacement for my providers PVR system.

More info about PVR here

You didn't follow the link did you ?
(2013-11-24, 18:29)schumi2004 Wrote:
(2013-11-24, 12:38)NewMedia Wrote:

More info about PVR here

You didn't follow the link did you ?

I did, but didn't read it properly. Now it makes sense. Especially when you say as a a replacement for my providers PVR system.
This is essentially what I'll do for freeview. As to working with Sky, that seems more difficult especially with their new box and probably not worth it.
I didnt back up my changes and my skin just updated, doh! So i have to start again. But i shall update it soon.

I use a freesat and freeview card. That allows all freeview, freesat and free to air channels in one epg system.
@produno
Any update on modified EPG view?
(2013-11-25, 02:24)produno Wrote: I didnt back up my changes and my skin just updated, doh! So i have to start again. But i shall update it soon.

produno, thanks for this great epg mod

Does anyone know how to force the LiveTV home menu button into this EPG?? I know that the submenu works, but I can't find any way to force the main LiveTV menu item to do anything useful. It's probably user error, but when I press the LiveTV home menu item I can't ever get out of the top-level "view settings" adjustor. Back takes me to the main menu, and enter just keeps toggling views

Also, does anyone know where the change needs to be made to rid the "OK/Record/Switch" dialog and force "switch" ??
Put the following in your advancedsettings.xml

<pvr>
<showepginfoonselect>false</showepginfoonselect>
</pvr>

(2013-12-11, 21:24)Dark_Slayer Wrote:
(2013-11-25, 02:24)produno Wrote: I didnt back up my changes and my skin just updated, doh! So i have to start again. But i shall update it soon.

produno, thanks for this great epg mod

Does anyone know how to force the LiveTV home menu button into this EPG?? I know that the submenu works, but I can't find any way to force the main LiveTV menu item to do anything useful. It's probably user error, but when I press the LiveTV home menu item I can't ever get out of the top-level "view settings" adjustor. Back takes me to the main menu, and enter just keeps toggling views

Also, does anyone know where the change needs to be made to rid the "OK/Record/Switch" dialog and force "switch" ??
(2013-12-06, 15:12)schumi2004 Wrote: @produno
Any update on modified EPG view?

Not yet, i did start finishing it then got side tracked. As soon as its done ill post it up. Shouldnt take me long, its just finding the time atm.

(2013-12-11, 21:24)Dark_Slayer Wrote: Does anyone know how to force the LiveTV home menu button into this EPG?? I know that the submenu works, but I can't find any way to force the main LiveTV menu item to do anything useful. It's probably user error, but when I press the LiveTV home menu item I can't ever get out of the top-level "view settings" adjustor. Back takes me to the main menu, and enter just keeps toggling views

Im not sure if thats editable on this skin like it is for nox. If not ill look through the xml files and change it in their and let you know as i want this for myself too.
Updated the front page with a new version.
I found this thread from the AeonNox version you posted.

Thank you VERY much! My wife/child acceptance factor was very low due to the LiveTV view/menu. You have made a few new friends!

Also, thanks for pointing to MQ5. What a nice skin. I'd be completely set if MarcosQ/someone can make the changes needed for the Mediabrowser plugin. http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=178180

Thanks again. This is going to work out well.

Happy New Year!
Nice mod
I have one request, could you please add the time line for Gotham

Thanks m8
Could you please send me the file you used for the screenshot? I can then update my version.

Thanks.
Very nicely done!
Thanks bandook.

Btw, the screenshot shown by providers was already incorporated into the mod but wasnt showing for some reason. Though i recently upgraded to the latest nightly then back to magros gotham version and it seems to be now working correctly and showing the time bar.

I would suggest others doing this if you are using gotham.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MQ5 Alternate EPG view - updated0