Can't view videos/movies screen
Hi All.

Version of iOS/ATV: Running on Darwin iOS 32-bit (AppleTV2) 10.4.0, Version 4.2.1 (Build 8C154)
XBMC Build version and date compiled: 13.0-ALPHA10 Git:20131113-ca7fe43 / compiled Nov 14 2013 by GCC 4.2.1 for ARM (Thumb) Darwin iOS ATV2 32-bit version 40200
Install Method: ssh into ATV2; wget the file, dpk -i the file, rm the file
FULL Debug Log: http://pastebin.com/srcbmts1
Detailed Instructions to Reproduce the Problem: With a fully deleted userdata folder, start XBMC and go to the Movies or Videos screen. Screen is black. I can hit "menu" to back out of the menu and get back to the main XBMC screen, where I end up seeing the menu again fine. I can go into Music without a problem. I can go into settings. Seems to be a skin issue. I noticed on lines 514-516 it's trying to load a skin called "false" .... guessing some variable was mis-set?

Any help would be appreciated. If I need to provide any additional information, i'd be happy to. I tried searching the forum for this exact issue but didn't find it. Found people with crashes back to Frontrow, but nothing where just the screen (a particular screen) was black.

I'm using default confluence skin.

Many thanks!

****** Edit about 20 minutes later *******
Just installed this version: http://mirrors.xbmc.org/snapshots/darwin...os-arm.deb
This one did NOT have the problem, and let me get into my videos screen while showing me the menu options normally.
Haven't seen anyone say anything about this. I should have clarified, that though I did install a different version and I wasn't having the same problem, the version I instaleld was an OLDER version. I believe it's Alpha 9 snapshot, and the version I had (the nightly, with the issue) was alpha 10. Has anyone else had a similar issue?
I've been out of town and away from my ATV2 this last weekend, but I'll try this out when I come home today.

iOS iDevices seem to be fine on nightlies in the alpha 10 cycle, so it might only be effecting the ATV2.
(2013-11-18, 17:40)Ned Scott Wrote: I've been out of town and away from my ATV2 this last weekend, but I'll try this out when I come home today.

iOS iDevices seem to be fine on nightlies in the alpha 10 cycle, so it might only be effecting the ATV2.

Cool, sounds good Ned. Let me know if you'd like me to help out by testing anything. Like I said, my (uneducated?) guess is that it seems to be something where the name of the skin xml file it's looking for is "false" (which seems incorrect to me).

Thanks a bunch!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't view videos/movies screen0