cd1 cd2 multi file export and scraping inconsistent?
When organizing my files a little I stumbled upon some strange behavior.

to start, I have all the movies in the same folder, maybe not recommended but that's as it is.

Tried to use MediaElch (excellent software!) to update some .nfo and art files and noticed that it does not include any cd1 or cd2 in the .nfo and art file names when import or export, assumed first that this was bug in this software but...

in xbmc if a movie is split in multiple files like:

my movie.cd1.avi
my movie.cd2.avi

The nfo and art files must be named with .cd1 for them to be imported by scraper, in other cases new info is searched online and files are not used as I can see.

my movie.cd1.nfo
my movie.cd1-fanart.jpg
my movie.cd1-poster.jpg

However if I export the library to get all the metadata on disk, and select to export to single files the names will be without the .cd1:

my movie.nfo
my movie-fanart.jpg
my movie-poster.jpg

this creates a little bit of issue as the files output by mediaelch is not used, and also I cant rely on the export to single file later import by scraper again.

little odd observation i know but is there some setting I have missed that can fix this?
A bug in how the export or scraper work in xbmc?
Seems to be a bug. Can you make a new bug ticket for this? Click on the "Bugtracker" link at the top of the page, sign in with your forum username and password, and then make a new bug ticket saying what you just said in this thread. That way the devs will have a formal way of tracking this issue, in case this post doesn't get noticed.
this was first post after many years of usage, should indicate the quality of xbmc!

However my observation was incorrect and there is one additional tweak on this.

my movie.nfo
my movie-fanart.jpg
my movie-poster.jpg

works if you "search for new content" for a folder and let xbmc check for new files.

the problem came from selecting cd1 for one new movie file not in library yet when browsing files, and press "i" for "Movie information" to load information for it. In that case, if its a multiple file cd1/cd2 movie, information will be loaded from and connected to CD1 only and that is also what later will be exported. If you do this on CD1, the entry in library will also contain CD2 but with a | between file names not as a stack.

if you later run a "search for new content" for the whole folder there is also info added to library for a "stack" of CD1/CD2 and the result is actually that you get 2 entries in library, one for CD1 and one for the stack. also when you export you will get one "my movie.nfo" without cd1 from the stack and one "my movie.cd1.nfo" for the single file.

Its also possible to do it the other way around, and you still end up with scraping, storing and exporting the information twice.

must be a bug related to this specific rare/odd case and think its the part behind "Movie information" for single file that is not correct. I will try to add a ticket in the tracker...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
cd1 cd2 multi file export and scraping inconsistent?0