Linux Playback issue on certain channels.
Using tvheadend master @ fcc97df55c8cd1490c5b3bf2806707f9e500156a
Using XBMC master @ c0c4d5619871d5bb3fa460746d63080330768f63
Using xbmc-pvr-addons master @ d4cb4d5c0e7fc1a4b9a3b911c3053df178c36944

On some TV channels, I get choppyness and occasional stutters + pixellation of the feed. At first glance it looks like bad signal. But when I switch audio streams and / or toggle passthrough on audio, it becomes fine for the rest of the stream. Plays fine in VLC directly from tvheadend.

It happens on both HD and SD channels.
When it happens the log mostly consists of this:

WARNING: CDVDMessageQueue(audio)::Get - asked for new data packet, with nothing available

So I assume it's an audio issue. Has anyone else got this issue? Could possibly be linked to this issue http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=179011
My guess is that this is a tvh issue. I use vnsi and don't observe any of those problems.
this is an issue with tvheadend (master) .. please report it direcly on https://tvheadend.org/projects/tvheadend/issues
It works with VLC with no hickups, so why so sure that this is purely an TVHeadend issue? Also recorded material plays fine.
there are no issues with beta or stable versions of tvheadend. i'm running the master too and had the same issues as you described.
OK, What version of tvheadend, pvr addons and xbmc did you have when it worked AND did NOT work? So I can test this myself

Thanks!
using the latest nightly of xbmc with ...

tvh stable + beta: working
tvh unstable (master): not working
OK, thanks!

So you have exactly the same issue as I had?
It could *sometimes* work fine for several minutes, then start misbehaving. Pixelation (big blocks), audio out of sync, and lower framerate.
And *only* on certain channels. Maybe it could be a codec reporting issue through HTSP... Since recordings work and playback of them works, it kinda narrows it down to HTSP <--> XBMC.

Why didn't you report the issue? Smile
this depends on the current rewrites of the dvb engine in tvheadend.
On the lags XBMC uses 100% CPU on one core at the time (the "DVD" Playback thread)... Are you sure this is not an xbmc issue?
i'm not sure, but have no issues with the stable/beta versions of tvheadend.
The issue was XBMC. VDPAU was never truly enabled. glxinfo reported GL_NV_vdpau_interop, but the code checks for the same define as well. which is FALSE.
The reason for this, is that I had libglew1.5-dev and not 1.6 ... Uninstalling 1.5, and installing 1.6 solved the issue for me ...

glew somehow makes glext not define GL_NV_vdpau_interop. So makes sure you have the correct version yourself!
No this was not the issue afterall... It is due to slow response from backend on tuning in a channel. It constantly has issues keeping up with the stream, and lags forever, until I toggle "bypass audio" or some other option that restarts the stream.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Playback issue on certain channels.0