XBMC Remote Control but not window focus
I find a lot of threads on remote controls of XBMC so I apologize if I overlooked this topic.

My setup is simple Dual screens on windows 8.1 with XBMC 12.2 running on screen 2. I use a Rosewill RRC-126 remote control. Everything works great, remote works fine, most buttons work (ill fix the rest later). However I want the remote to work when XBMC is NOT in focus. Example I am using my primary screen web browser and I pick up the remote to change something in XBMC. The only way is to take focus of the window then it works fine.

Is there an easy fix for this? I assume the remote would have to NOT send keyboard strokes. Maybe reprogram the button to send a URL control to XBMC's web service?

Thanks in advance
Use eventghost. Add MCE and XBMC plugin and you can control xbmc even if the window is not in focus.
Thanks baijuxavior that helped a ton. After some clean up I got it to remove the keyboard registry and making it deal with xbmc directly without focus works like a champ. Few things to pan out like holding the button down to repeat the command. I appreciate your help

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Remote Control but not window focus0