Movies gone form library, no add-on repositories
Sad 
OK, I read the FAQ, and searched the forum, but I didn't find anything describing my problems, so here it goes:

I've been using XBMC for a couple of months now on a Raspberry Pi, and while it worked great, it was kinda slow. So I decided to build a Windows 7 XBMC box. There's not much software installed except a virusscanner, Chrome, Windows Firewall and of course XBMC (12.2).
All videos are on my Synology NAS, I connect through NFS.

Everything was fine the forst couple of days when I was setting everything up - all my 100 or so movies were found, as were all my TV series. I had to correct some info, but all minor stuff.
I had some trouble getting my iPhone to see the PC for use as a remote, but once I permitted XBMC in the Firewall, that was taken care of as well.

Today I had a need to clean up the database after I deleted a few movies - since I tend to do this regularly I installed the XBMC Library Auto Update add-on. I don't know if this is the cause of the problems, but I have used this add-on on my Raspberry Pi without any issues so I thought it safe.

After the database cleanup, all but 14 of my movies are gone from the library. All the folders and their content are still there (XBMC can see -and play- them through Files, as can my Windows 7 PC and my MacBook). I have tried repeatedly to update to library again (both with and without auto-cleaning enabled), but the movies will not show up again.
All TV shows are still in the library.

This is frustrating enough, but here's where it gets weird: I did a search on missing movies and found the Missing Movie Scanner add-on, so I thought to give it a try. However, when I go into Add-ons, there is no remote content - all I can see are empty folders, searches come up empty as well. The only thing there are already installed add-ons...

I have no idea to proceed from here - I'm hoping for an easy solution, but I've tried all obvious ones: restarted XBMC several times, rebooted the PC. Double checked Firewall - XBMC is still greenlit.

Specs:
Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64 bit, build 7601
AMD A6-5400K 3,60GHz, 64 bit, w/ 8 Gb RAM
Integrated video: AMD/Ati Radeon HD 7540D (8.9470.0)
Integrated audio: AMD High Def Audio Device (7.12.0.7706) and Realtek High Def Audio (6.0.1.7004)
Samsung 46" HDTV
XBMC 12.2 git 20130502-32B1A5E
Aeon MQ5 skin, trakt add-on, XBMC Auto Update add-on

Debug log: pastebin.com/p0g8vp2M
Check if 'hide watched files' is enabled. Also try removing the source location and adding them again.
(2013-12-06, 16:29)baijuxavior Wrote: Check if 'hide watched files' is enabled. Also try removing the source location and adding them again.

Hi,

Hide Watched Files is disabled - the movies that disappeared were a mixed bag of both watched and unwatched movies, as were the ones that remained.

What ended up working (for the movies at least) was going into Files, and reloading movie-info for each movie manually. Tedious work, especially since for some reason loading artwork was very, very slow, but I managed to restore my movie collection.

I still have no idea what caused this - for now I have disabled auto-cleaning of the library.

Now I just have the 'empty add-on repo' problem left - some remote server time-out error perhaps? Will try again later today or tomorrow to see if anything has changed.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movies gone form library, no add-on repositories0