Win screen artifacts stuck on screen during playback
Sometimes when I start playing a video (doesn't matter if it is local or streaming) one of the screen parts stays on the screen instead of fading. Sometimes it is the swirling "Working" indicator in the lower right hand corner,other times it is the playback indicator in the upper right hand corner, and yet other times it is the "Start from beginning or Resume dialog box. Sometimes the stuck indicator will go away on its own after 10-15 minutes other times I have to exit XBMC altogether to get it to go away. If it is the Resume dialog that gets stuck then nothing will respond at all until I kill XBMC in task manager .

This behavior seems to be more of a problem the longer XBMC is left running. It almost feels similar to a memory leak in the program.

Anyone else experience this or have an idea on how to fix it?
It seems that there may indeed be a memory leak in the Windows version. A fresh start of XBMC shows to be using about 66MB of memory in device manager. After watching a few videos and leaving it running a couple of days it starts using between 150MB to over 200MB when sitting idle. Once it the memory use starts creeping up like that is when the screen artifacts start "sticking" during playback.
'the windows version'

Which version are you talking about ? Please upload a debug log (wiki) and be a whole lot more specific.
Please read http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=42708

*moved to the Windows subforum*

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
screen artifacts stuck on screen during playback0