Harmony 700 Custom Mapped MCE Keyboard Issue
I am using my Harmony 700 to control XBMC through an ir6 reciever. I can get all my devices functioning properly through "devices" on the remote.

However, custom mapped keys within "activities" for the MCE Keyboard will not transfer from the web interface to my physical remote.

All other custom mapped buttons will transfer. And oddly, if I select my MCE Keyboard from "devices" on the remote, all keystrokes work and respond in XBMC. But if I go to activities none of my custom mapped buttons within "activities" appear on the soft screen. None of the hard keys that have been custom mapped for MCE Keyboard functions work either. No response from the ir6 reciever and they don't appear on my remote screen within "activities", but they do appear and work from "devices".

FYI:
Windows 8.1
Dell OVU400307/00 RC6
XBMC 12.2
Harmony 700
Microsoft MCE Keyboard as a device within Harmony web interface (this is what is giving me problems)

Any ideas?
Sounds like a remote issue not a XBMC issue. Only thing you can do is reflash the remote.

Also, instead of MCE Keyboard (which works fine), you could use "Microsoft XBMC" as the device so you might not need so many custom keys...
Thanks for the quick response.

I realize that it is most definitely not an XBMC issue, I just thought with how active these boards are someone would have an idea.

I already set up Microsoft XBMC so I would not need many custom MCE Keyboard mapped buttons, but there are certain items I need using the Keyboard. I have also flashed the remote multiple times and tried a wide variety of setups. All have returned the same problems.

Thanks for the suggestions. Hopefully someone else has had this problem too and figured out why it is happening.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Harmony 700 Custom Mapped MCE Keyboard Issue0