• 44(current)
[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes
@tinker

Post 558 from Biatsch http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1730877

Create an SDCard from the instructions there and it should get you back to Geniatech Android 4.1. Worked for me when I thought I'd bricked my box.

@AuXBoX - I can't logon to SSH with your latest build - just says access is denied as if I'm typing the wrong password.
Quote: @AuXBoX - I can't logon to SSH with your latest build - just says access is denied as if I'm typing the wrong password.

I couldn't either, the password from is cronicorey letmein.
I see you have built it and been able to ssh in, i haven't been to able ssh for a while, even trying with your builds

Try ftp it worked with me port 21
Press THANK USER if I Help
Bobones:

(2014-06-29, 14:40)bobones Wrote: @tinker

Post 558 from Biatsch http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1730877

Create an SDCard from the instructions there and it should get you back to Geniatech Android 4.1. Worked for me when I thought I'd bricked my box.

Do you know what the file names of the two zip files are or do you have them to upload? Biatsch's DropBox is down. I probably have the files, I save everything.

tinker
@tinker I'll upload the card I have to my dropbox. It will take around 20 minutes. - edit saying 1 hour now
Bobones:

Thanks muchly and no hurry! Appreciate the help and when I'm up and running, one way or the other, I'll probably end up using your Gotham build and be done with it. It ran just fine until I botched things.

tinker
Tinker, here you go. Just copy all these files to an SDCard and boot with the usual method:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jwfnq2vbw8f5f...GCvaApar4a
Bobones:

Do I have to run the uboot_MX.cmd file or just press the upgrade button and power up? Also, first time I've seen the download button at the top of DropBox to download the whole directory as a .zip file. Handy.

tinker
No, just stick the card in, hold in the reset button, plug in the power and keep holding the reset button for around 10 seconds. Eventually the little android guy should appear. Probably half the files aren't really necessary.
Bobones:

No joy. I'll try reformating the SD for another run after I let it sits and mull for a while longer.

tinker
(2014-06-29, 14:56)AuXBoX Wrote:
Quote: @AuXBoX - I can't logon to SSH with your latest build - just says access is denied as if I'm typing the wrong password.

I couldn't either, the password from is cronicorey letmein.
I see you have built it and been able to ssh in, i haven't been to able ssh for a while, even trying with your builds

Try ftp it worked with me port 21

I went back to one of my old builds and ssh worked fine. I then built the latest branch (much the same as yours but with a few tweaks to remote.conf and settings) and again ssh worked fine so I am not sure what is going on with that.

Also, I get same 1/4 screen xbmc as raymw when trying 1080p output.

(2014-06-29, 21:43)tinker Wrote: Bobones:

No joy. I'll try reformating the SD for another run after I let it sits and mull for a while longer.

tinker

Bummer, all I can suggest is trying a new sd card.
(2014-06-30, 15:15)bobones Wrote: Also, I get same 1/4 screen xbmc as raymw when trying 1080p output.

Throw away; GUISettings.xml or at least the resolution section within that file.
Where can I find that file please J1nx ?? Thanks for the tip will give a try once I know where I should look.
Cheers
Raymw
(2014-06-30, 16:46)j1nx Wrote:
(2014-06-30, 15:15)bobones Wrote: Also, I get same 1/4 screen xbmc as raymw when trying 1080p output.

Throw away; GUISettings.xml or at least the resolution section within that file.

Thanks j1nx. That works!

Pity I only have a 720p TV so I can't check if it's true 1080p with the test videos.

@raymw

The file is in /root/.xbmc/usersettings

I edited mine by logging on with ssh (putty for windows), stopping xbmc (/etc/init.d/xbmc stop), edit with text editor (vi or nano) and removed all resolution settings, started xbmc again (/etc/init.d/xbmc start). You could also just rename your guisettings file and start xbmc with no file.
Thanks bobones but I already found the file exactly where you said but I think folder is userdata not usersettings. I suspected that was where it would be and it was. Used file manager to remove the file and rebooted. Now 1080i res produces full screen. I had to reconfigure all my GUI Confluence settings like screen calibration, short cut icons etc but no problem. I see a new GUISettings.xml file is created by the system

Now I can switch between 720p and 1080i no problem. I have a full HD 46" TV and looking close up at very small text at end of 1080 movie source I could see the difference. So looks like now true 1080. But I would like that test graphic I read about but cannot locate it. Can someone help me here so I can confirm for sure now true 1080 and not upscaled. Pretty sure though I now have true 1080i

Thanks again J1nx spot on as always.
Cheers
Raymw
The video test files are here (top of page) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1r3anv4hfubi5wr/Ss2bD31f9Q

BTW, here is my compile of the latest croniccorey branch. It should be much the same as AuxBox's build, but ssh works for me, remote.conf has more keys working, advancedsettings doesn't block any gui settings and the "remote as keyboard" option is on by default.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/k0c8suvoqye4tl...140628.zip

This looks a decent build, but as with all of these MX_LINUX builds (including Frodo), I find the box freezes when idle after a while.
  • 44(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes5