Tuner Card Recommendation?
I have XBMC on a Windows 7 PC. I use ServerWMC as the back-end for the PVR. Right now, I just have an OTA tuner card, but I'd like to replace it with one that accepts cable cards. Down the road, I also plan to buy Android boxes for the other TVs in the house. Two questions:

1) Will this work? Can the back-end PVR installed the on the Windows PC stream TV to the Android boxes?

2) What tuner card would you recommend?

Here are the two I'm looking at:

HD Homerun Prime
Ceton Infini TV

My thinking is that the external tuner (HD Homerun) would be the better choice if I had a full PC at each TV. But since I plan to put Android boxes at the TVs, the internal turner (Ceton) would be the better choice. Is this right? Any other tuner suggestions? I appreciate the help!
Depending on the box, the HDHomeRun Prime shouldn't have an issue going directly to the Android box. Just about anything "dual core" (granted, that alone is not really a measurement of performance) should be able to handle even a 1080i live TV stream using the CPU.

My iPad 4, while not an Android device, is an ARM device that can playback video directly from my HDHomeRun Prime.
I thought a program like serverWMC or next PVR would be necessary. Do those run on android?
I don't think ServerWMC has an Android addon yet. Also I was unable to get smooth 1080 live TV playback on my Android devices with both libstagefright and mediacodec. The dev responsible for libstagefright stated that he doesn't think this is supported. One of my Android devices is an HTC One which I would think is powerful enough. So anyway my advice would be to find someone who has done this successfully before spending a lot.
Thanks for the help guys

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Tuner Card Recommendation?0