• 5(current)
Jailbroken ios7 ipad 3 - tv out issue
I can confirm it's working on both my devices!

Sorry to bother you with this memphiz, but is there any chance that the XBMC Add-on repository got messed up in this nightly? Because the addons there are different from the website and from the build I had installed via cydia. Anyway, as I had mentioned yesterday, there is an addon there that I find really useful, and it doesn't show on your fixes (even though I can now install OpenSubtitles addon which is good). Moreover, as I tried to install it (XBMC Subtitles) by downloading the .zip from http://addons.xbmc.org/category/subtitles/ it said it didn't have the correct structure. Could you just point me in any direction, I am not asking you to fix this problem.

Thanks Wink
has nothing to do with this issue and is not my area.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2014-01-06, 18:03)aluis_scp Wrote: I can confirm it's working on both my devices!

Sorry to bother you with this memphiz, but is there any chance that the XBMC Add-on repository got messed up in this nightly? Because the addons there are different from the website and from the build I had installed via cydia. Anyway, as I had mentioned yesterday, there is an addon there that I find really useful, and it doesn't show on your fixes (even though I can now install OpenSubtitles addon which is good). Moreover, as I tried to install it (XBMC Subtitles) by downloading the .zip from http://addons.xbmc.org/category/subtitles/ it said it didn't have the correct structure. Could you just point me in any direction, I am not asking you to fix this problem.

Thanks Wink

Read the subtitle changes thread
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2014-01-06, 17:56)Memphiz Wrote: This use case is not very likely to be fixed by me. Its already hard enough to get this right on real operating systems. On iOS the tvout API is already limited and we are glad that it works when the TV is left on. There are no callbacks we can catch if HDMI output changes - so there is no way for us to recognize such situations iirc.

Just don't shut off your HDMI stuff whil using XBMC on ios with tvout for now. (yes it is a bug - but consider that use case not supported for now).

Okay, gotcha.

I don't know if this helps, but this did work on my iPad using iOS5. Also, I tested with the normal iOS7 screen output, and it does stay in place shutting off my HDMI device on other apps. But I am assuming this is due to the API change you mentioned earlier.

Do I need to formally submit this bug? Or just posting it here is enough?

Thanks for replying.
submit it to trac.xbmc.org
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Does this require a debug log? I am not sure a debug log would even have what happened on this.
No - attach the screenshot instead.
Hi hope to see a fix for this thanks
Will this ever end? Do you want to see a fix for this stupid use case just to keep me busy? I mean really - this is a media center. Its ment to be used with screens/TVs turned on. I will never get those TV power off users *grrr*
(2014-01-06, 20:05)Memphiz Wrote: I will never get those TV power off users *grrr*

Firstly, thank you for fixing the tv out issue with iOS 7.

I think we are the stage now where people are starting to substitute an htpc with an iOS device. So they leave the iOS device on with XBMC and turn off the tv when they aren't using it.

Regardless of the reason, I'm not sure I think its even remotely your responsibility to turn their iOS device into an HTPC. XBMC runs great on iOS devices and the TV out option is nice whenever its needed, but I'm also not sure I would substitute a proper HTPC for an iOS device, isn't that what an Apple TV is for, or even a Raspberry pi these days will do.
(2014-01-06, 17:47)alucard77 Wrote: BUG FOUND:
- Leave XBMC open
- Shut off your TV or Receiver (or Both)
- Turn on your TV or Receiver (or Both)

What happens is that the XBMC screen is 1/4th the screen size and to the top left quadrant. It still works fine, except the screen is not maximized.
If you go into Settings and change the resolution again, it will fill up the screen once more.

What if you added a restart of XBMC? Like this:
- Leave XBMC open
- Restart XBMC

Does it go back to full screen or do you still have to go back into settings and adjust?
Hi is they a fix for this thanks
Hi guys, first of all thanks for your hard work on getting XBMC to work properly on iOS 7.

I'm just here to report another bug that happened to me on my iPhone 4S with evasi0n 7 / iOS 7.0.4

After installing your latest version that fixes the 1080p tv-out (which as we've seen, the XCMB Subtitles add-on is not working anymore), Mail, Weather and Safari apps have stopped working as well.

If it happens to anyone else, here's the tip that helped me to get them back to work.

Remove appsync
Reboot
Get iFile
Navigate to var/mobile/library/caches
delete: com.apple.launchservices-054.csstore
com.apple.mobile.installation.plist
Then respring/reboot
(2014-01-06, 20:05)Memphiz Wrote: Will this ever end? Do you want to see a fix for this stupid use case just to keep me busy? I mean really - this is a media center. Its ment to be used with screens/TVs turned on. I will never get those TV power off users *grrr*

Sorry if I upset you, it was not my intention. I was just reporting back the bug that I had found when testing is all.

The reason why I turn off the TV and or receiver is because I am using this with my iPhone 4S as a HTPC replacement. What I was hoping to do was to be able to leave XBMC on, like I do with my AppleTV2 since there is no current support for booting the iPhone from sleep mode into XBMC by other apps.

I may be one of the first users to do this, so I apologize for the inconvience. I was not demanding this to be fixed or anything of that sort, I just wanted it to be inputted as a bug to hopefully get fixed in the future for other users like myself who would like to recycle their old iPhones.

So yet again, I appreciate all your hard work on this, and it was not my intention to delay this fix or upset you.

(2014-01-06, 21:16)joesmith13245 Wrote:
(2014-01-06, 17:47)alucard77 Wrote: BUG FOUND:
- Leave XBMC open

What happens is that the XBMC screen is 1/4th the screen size and to the top left quadrant. It still works fine, except the screen is not maximized.
If you go into Settings and change the resolution again, it will fill up the screen once more.

What if you added a restart of XBMC? Like this:
- Leave XBMC open
- Restart XBMC

Does it go back to full screen or do you still have to go back into settings and adjust?

You need to make sure to fully exit XBMC by going to the power button on XBMC. Then if you click XBMC again, it will launch XBMC from scratch and have the correct resolution.

If you use the home button, it still leave XBMC active. So just hitting the home button then clicking XBMC again will not work.
(2014-01-06, 21:50)DFraga Wrote: Mail, Weather and Safari apps have stopped working as well.
Remove appsync

Xbmc is not the cause for mail, weather, safari or any other apps that stop working.

It is appsync. This is a well known issue.

Just don't install appsync and everything is fine Tongue
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Jailbroken ios7 ipad 3 - tv out issue0