• 6(current)
Jailbroken ios7 ipad 3 - tv out issue
(2014-01-06, 22:22)Platypus2 Wrote:
(2014-01-06, 21:50)DFraga Wrote: Mail, Weather and Safari apps have stopped working as well.
Remove appsync

Xbmc is not the cause for mail, weather, safari or any other apps that stop working.

It is appsync. This is a well known issue.

Just don't install appsync and everything is fine Tongue

It only happened to me after installing this last version of XBMC Confused
(2014-01-06, 14:02)Memphiz Wrote: @diogogpinto fix is in current nightly

The only thing preventing me from pushing the fix earlier was a 4 hours traveling by car if someone really cares. But yeah - ignoring it is a good way to handle thoughtless posts.

Hey Memphiz,

I spent this past two hours testing out my iPhone <> AppleTV sinc with TV OUT, and guess what... It's god damn perfect. Not a single bug was found, everything I needed is working great. I did not expect this to be solved so soon. Thanks man!

I would like to say one thing to those who use iOS as a media centre: don't upgrade your iPhone/iPad to iOS7. Run it on already tested versions os iOS7. Although it is working perfectly for me, you may find some other bugs. So stick to the tested versions (iOS 6) as you know you won't have any troubles. I bet XBMC team will let you guys know when iOS7 is fully support on a major release.

#OFFTOPIC

I would like to thank Memphiz very much for all the trouble. I would also like to remember all the users out there: http://xbmc.org/contribute/donate/

Donate and help keep this software going. I discovered it a few weeks ago and I'm already addicted, surely I'll donate asap.

#EDIT

Just donated 10$ to the software. Is not much, I know, but you guys are awesome. Will donate more soon. Thanks!
(2014-01-06, 22:37)DFraga Wrote:
(2014-01-06, 22:22)Platypus2 Wrote:
(2014-01-06, 21:50)DFraga Wrote: Mail, Weather and Safari apps have stopped working as well.
Remove appsync

Xbmc is not the cause for mail, weather, safari or any other apps that stop working.

It is appsync. This is a well known issue.

Just don't install appsync and everything is fine Tongue

It only happened to me after installing this last version of XBMC Confused

It's appsync though. It was triggered by installing something sure. But the cause was appsync - isn't it obvious by the solution? First step - remove appsync Tongue.

I can guarantee you, if you hadn't had appsync installed when you installed xbmc, it would not have happened.

Appsync does not work (well) on ios 7.
guys how i install last version of xbmc from http://mirrors.xbmc.org/nightlies/darwin/ios/ ? i cant add it on cydia ...

thkx
(2014-01-06, 23:13)fug4s Wrote: guys how i install last version of xbmc from http://mirrors.xbmc.org/nightlies/darwin/ios/ ? i cant add it on cydia ...

thkx

Follow the wiki

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...tly_builds

If that is too complicated it's probably easier to download the version you want, put it anywhere on your device, install ifile (free version? - does free version still exist?) and then select the .deb and install using ifile.
(2014-01-06, 17:47)alucard77 Wrote: You need to make sure to fully exit XBMC by going to the power button on XBMC. Then if you click XBMC again, it will launch XBMC from scratch and have the correct resolution.

If you use the home button, it still leave XBMC active. So just hitting the home button then clicking XBMC again will not work.

Ok. That makes sense. Seems like a more than viable workaround.
I had a problem copying and pasting the info today for whatever reason, so try typing it in instead. Once I did that, it worked like a charm.
(2014-01-06, 23:17)Platypus2 Wrote:
(2014-01-06, 23:13)fug4s Wrote: guys how i install last version of xbmc from http://mirrors.xbmc.org/nightlies/darwin/ios/ ? i cant add it on cydia ...

thkx

Follow the wiki

If that is too complicated it's probably easier to download the version you want, put it anywhere on your device, install ifile (free version? - does free version still exist?) and then select the .deb and install using ifile.

Done with ifile its very easy thkx alot xD
(2014-01-06, 23:18)joesmith13245 Wrote: Ok. That makes sense. Seems like a more than viable workaround.

It is.

TBH, most of the requests I have are for my son and my wife. For me, I could use it no problem. I am switching out ATV2 downstairs to put it in my bedroom and replacing it with the 4S so I can get the HD Audio and 1080p support (not to mention less buffering). I know that once I do that, I will need to explain to my wife and son how to use it.

So for me it is more then fine.
(2014-01-06, 23:25)fug4s Wrote:
(2014-01-06, 23:17)Platypus2 Wrote:

thkx

Follow the wiki

Done with ifile its very easy thkx alot xD

Yeah it is. Is iFile still free (or was that just while they sorted purchasing out via cydia)?. If there is still a 'trial' version, I think it might be a good idea for someone to update the wiki with the iFile method considering how much easier it is to install with iFile.
(2014-01-06, 23:25)alucard77 Wrote:
(2014-01-06, 23:18)joesmith13245 Wrote: Ok. That makes sense. Seems like a more than viable workaround.

It is.

TBH, most of the requests I have are for my son and my wife. For me, I could use it no problem. I am switching out ATV2 downstairs to put it in my bedroom and replacing it with the 4S so I can get the HD Audio and 1080p support (not to mention less buffering). I know that once I do that, I will need to explain to my wife and son how to use it.

Yea I'm in the same boat. I'm converting 2 unused iPhone 4s Devices(Yes they are unused because my kids have 5/5s's and are spoiled brats) as XBMC media players and will be connecting them using HDMI Adapter to their Tv's. So I definitely get the need for a solid end user experience, else they will be coming to their designated IT support guy...ME!!
(2014-01-07, 00:04)joesmith13245 Wrote:
(2014-01-06, 23:25)alucard77 Wrote:

It is.

Yea I'm in the same boat. I'm converting 2 unused iPhone 4s Devices(Yes they are unused because my kids have 5/5s's and are spoiled brats) as XBMC media players and will be connecting them using HDMI Adapter to their Tv's. So I definitely get the need for a solid end user experience, else they will be coming to their designated IT support guy...ME!!

Not to go to much off topic, but the RII Mini keyboards are about $20 on amazon at the moment. Pretty good price. Only issue for the time being is that BTStack is not currently supported on iOS7.
(2014-01-07, 02:50)alucard77 Wrote:
(2014-01-07, 00:04)joesmith13245 Wrote:
(2014-01-06, 23:25)alucard77 Wrote: It is.

Not to go to much off topic, but the RII Mini keyboards are about $20 on amazon at the moment. Pretty good price. Only issue for the time being is that BTStack is not currently supported on iOS7.

I actually may have to go that route since I'm having issues with the keyboard function in the XBMC remote app and Gotham. Unless Memphiz wants to port the change he made to fix TV Out over to Frodo?!?! Wink
(2014-01-07, 02:50)alucard77 Wrote: Only issue for the time being is that BTStack is not currently supported on iOS7.

Not completely true :p

https://twitter.com/mringwal/status/419600887212818432

Might be worth trying if your desperate. Works okish for me, dont have any past experience with it though to know whether it's buggy or not.
Okay, so I found a quicker fix to this issue. I am not sure of the ramification for doing this. But if you use XBMC Remote, and hold down the full screen button it will toggle to windowed mode, do it again, and it toggles to Retina Mode from the looks of things. It is literally 2x the resolution of 1080P (3960x2160). The TV still outputs 1080P, but the screen goes back to full mode as well. I haven't seen any issues with it.
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Jailbroken ios7 ipad 3 - tv out issue0