Raspberry and Samsung / CEC or Alternative?
Hallo,

i have allready running my XBMC Raspberry Pi with two LG-TFTs - everything is finde and i can use the stand remote from the TV with CEC support.

Now i have a third TFT from Samsung - detail type ist UE32EH4003WXZG V01 - the problem is that this TFT has no support for CEC (or as Samsung called Anynet+) - is there any possibility to get this TFT running with CEC / Anynet+ - maybe someone has running this TFT with Raspberry Pi?

Do you have any suggestions for me for a cheap alternative?
CEC uses 1pin for serial communication in the hdmi plug so if this is not connected and your tv doesn't support it then obviously no. What you can do is connect a ir receiver to the GPIO pins (real easy and can be done without soldering) or a USB ir reciever that is compatible. You should be able to make a remote.xml file to map any buttons correctly if needed. Problem is though when you switch you RPi back to the CEC compatible TV the remote.xml probably won't match both remotes. That's my guess anyway. Smile
Hallo,

i think i will give the Flirc a try:
http://www.flirc.tv/product/flirc/
As long as you can train the flirc to use the same keys for the same function on the remote, there shouldn't be a problem (the problem comes if the training program doesn't offer a correct equivalent - happened to me with a Mute key on my remote)
Derek
Anynet+ are Samsungs nme for CEC
(2013-12-23, 10:55)rterblanche Wrote: Anynet+ are Samsungs nme for CEC

If you read the first post, you'll see he already has said that!
Derek
I have a 2010 (C series) Samsung. CEC (Anynet) works very well with it. Have you tried a different cable? Tested another Pi that works with the LG's CEC?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Raspberry and Samsung / CEC or Alternative?0