• 5(current)
A reminder - piracy content
Its cool bro, things are for the best. I'm sure most people will go with the flow...
Seriously guys, it's not that big of a deal. They have to protect themselves from the ridiculous laws and abuses of the American legal system. If it's something they don't feel comfortable with, they ban it. What's unreasonable about that? Freedom of speech hasn't been completely eroded yet so if you want to talk about something they don't want to talk about, don't do it at their house; you're completely free to talk about it elsewhere.

The choice of the word piracy is unfortunate, xbmc not being in the naval trade business and all, but it's something understandable by the lowest common denominator.

Personally, I feel like quite a few of their decisions are over-reactive, but as the saying goes, better safe than sorry. This is not a policy about legality, but about comfort zones.
why dont you guys just remove the video addon section from this forum and Done with it for good.
XBMC Fever..
(2013-12-26, 21:38)fouad796 Wrote: why dont you guys just remove the video addon section from this forum and Done with it for good.

Who are you to question our rules?

We will decide what we will or will not allow. There is a lot that will have no legal issues at all! So telling us to remove the addons section is just stupid.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2013-12-26, 21:38)fouad796 Wrote: why dont you guys just remove the video addon section from this forum and Done with it for good.

Not all video addons contain piracy content - some are perfectly acceptable, some fall into a grey area and some are completely on the wrong side of acceptable. We do not want to get rid of anything that is acceptable, if we can get rid of all of the completely unacceptable content that has become abundant recently then we will likely become softer on the grey area content again.

Video addons themselves are not the problem, it is the content that some people choose to link to.
Folks, there is a fundamental conflict between the T&C and rules the content providers have made and consumer rights, specifically fair use. The forum mods are honestly trying to manage this grey area as best they can and we should support their efforts rather than atacking them. As its grey mistakes and inconsistencies will be inevitable, but please give them some credit for doing this rather than the easy option of a blanket ban.
hi Prae5,
i accept your views, but could you please reopen that live stream xml thread with some strict guidelines?.
(2013-12-26, 22:05)wqwert Wrote: hi Prae5,
i accept your views, but could you please reopen that live stream xml thread with some strict guidelines?.

No, there is too much content in it for us to review and a large chunk of what was checked would be considered piracy content as per our rules.

Feel free to open a new thread, providing it follows the forum rules it won't be closed. Assuming any new thread follows the rules only posts that contain piracy content will be removed, not the entire thread.
(2013-12-26, 22:05)wqwert Wrote: hi Prae5,

livestream xml request thread is 100% piracy content.

because, you are getting links from a streaming website against their will.

just goto hub forum you will find it there.

we need to safe guard xbmc forum for future purposes.
My Sample XML---> http://goo.gl/XUxPzB
XBMC Team need donation, please donate.....!
"We all should grateful to XBMC Team and addons/plugins developers, They are the people did most of the hard work to develop such a great open source media center."

I'm not sure this forum can ever be 100% piracy free, not as long as it's an open forum...
Since the crack down last year, I still see users posing about illegal plugins... its like a never ending sea of users who don't read the rules!!

I disagree with fireeaters point on livestream xml's being 100% piracy content!
(2013-12-26, 22:11)fireeater Wrote: livestream xml request thread is 100% piracy content.
because, you are getting links from a streaming website against their will.
That a ridiculous statement! So if I put a rss feed from revision into an xml file and use it in xbmc; when revision "intended" for me to use it with an RSS reader, makes it illegal!?

Requests and posts containing illegal links should not reflect the plugin and it's thread. That should remain at the user level... After all Dev's aren't board sysops!! they can't go around banning users who misuse or post illegal links in their thread. Those users should be isolated from the plugin itself. Unless of course the plugins sole purpose is for piracy... Since Live stream doesn't supply any media it should be left alone...

Whats scary is the long term problems this "stance" on piracy is going to cause...

At what point does using bluecops hulu addon with my paid plus membership become illegal? XBMC needs to draw a clear line between piracy and manipulation of services... after all XBMC was created to playback your "legal DVD backups". Now that physical media is becoming obsolete, XBMC needs recognize that users are always going to want alternatives to available services. Perhaps skating the line of legally obtained, lets not forget there was a time backing up your legally purchased VHS and DVD's was considered illegal.
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
@Lunatixz,

Moderators say, as per forum rules livestreams request thread's contents considered as piracy, this is the second time livestreams request thread being banned. hence, no point of opening a new thread here. I suppose they do this to prevent future legal issues.

Members have already opened in hub forum.
My Sample XML---> http://goo.gl/XUxPzB
XBMC Team need donation, please donate.....!
"We all should grateful to XBMC Team and addons/plugins developers, They are the people did most of the hard work to develop such a great open source media center."

is it possible to make a list of legal addons and illegal addons , so we users know what we are installing ? It´s really confusing.. For example I don´t know if Sportsdevil are legal or not ? It would be huge help..
There is nothing to distinguish b/t addons. The complaint is not about addons. For example, the moderator did not ban the Livestreams or sportsdevil plugin. You can still use it . It is about the discussion that was taking place between users which sometimes circumvent the copyright or DMCA policy, and obviously moderator thinks so.
Well I am not making a debating club here and must admit that I am not an expert on the issues of DCMA, Copy rights and privacy content and I know that being moderators of this forum you have every right to implement your decision regarding Piracy content and shut downs threads one after the other but with the latest closure of Paktvforum thread by icharnia surprised me a lot. For me how that thread could be associated with Piracy content issue I am not digesting it yet.If you belong to a country whose channels contents are freely available over a website and the moderator closed it then I will feel not so good.For example, If you go to the website "www.thepaktv.com" (which is part of paktvforum addon), you will see that those channel's content are available on this site which we can watch freely in our country such as Geo Tv, ARY Digital, Express Entertainment (pakistani channels), so for me it was quite a big surprise disturbing when you closed that thread.Like wise another website "www.desironaq.com" part of the addon, offers the same kind of contents.So by closing the paktvforum addon thread you are actually depriving those users who are in no way circumvent any rule of Piracy content. I do understand that XMBC is not a profit making organization and losing some users dont effect its activities/policies at all but giving them the impression of no love and care for their feelings and emotions are not so good.I therefore, request all the moderators to please consider the closure of paktvforum.com and reopen it.Its just a request and I understand fully that the moderators will have their own reasons for not doing so.I thank you all and no offense here for any one I just shared my views and thought that I had regarding Piracy content, thanks.
As pointed out several times, just because a website provides links to streaming channels for free it does not make it legal. Piracy is still piracy regardless of if someone gives it away for free or charges for it. I could link to 100's of sites that provide movies and tv shows for free, it does not make them legal.

In terms of the Paktvforum addon, it links to / pulls content from sites that provide illegal streams. Its as simple as that.
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
A reminder - piracy content6