live tv artifacts on raspberry pi but not on x86
i have a tv channel, 1080i, two audio streams, one stereo, one 5.1 that is does not work properly on xbmc.
the problem is that from time to time i see for a sec or two artifacts, sometimes gray, sometimes an image that has played on that stream in the past.
on my notebook i don't have this problems
i saved a sample of the stream and tried to play it with ffplay and it seems it throws some red errors.
i've uploaded the sample here
http://fastupload.rol.ro/1b19e5c2c51bc62...e5ae4.html
Same problem for me with Frodo builds and last (working) Gotham.
here is a pastebin of the specs for the stream.

maybe someone can comment...

D.
(2013-12-31, 06:36)Dam0 Wrote: here is a pastebin of the specs for the stream.

maybe someone can comment...

D.

if you can tell me what program you used to get the specs i could use it for the stream itself and post it here
thank you
@deejayq
I've submitted a bug report to codec team. We'll see whay they think.
Good news. I've got a patch that fixes the gray blocks near the start of the file.
There is still corruption at ~2:12, but that is present with VLC and xbmc on PC, so it is a glitch in the stream.

Fix will be in next firmware release.
This kind of responsive turnaround is just another reason to love the Raspi!
Firmware is updated. Download:
https://github.com/Hexxeh/rpi-firmware/r...tart_x.elf
https://github.com/Hexxeh/rpi-firmware/b...ixup_x.dat

and replace the ones on boot partition of sdcard. Or wait for a new build.
Latest OpenELEC Gotham build now includes this new firmware.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
thank you
the second problem, the one where in a live tv stream for a second appears a frame that previously ran it's still there
it seems that on a recording of that stream this type of problem does not appear, the only thing that appears when playing the stream dump on my computer with ffplay is "PES packet size mismatch" but it think that's because the stream was raw dumped.
(2014-01-11, 18:39)deejayq Wrote: the second problem, the one where in a live tv stream for a second appears a frame that previously ran it's still there
it seems that on a recording of that stream this type of problem does not appear, the only thing that appears when playing the stream dump on my computer with ffplay is "PES packet size mismatch" but it think that's because the stream was raw dumped.

I don't see why a live stream should behave differently from a recording - the GPU video decoder just sees a sequence of NAL units which should be the same in either case.
Without a file that does this it will be hard to debug. If you find a file that misbehaves then let me know,.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
live tv artifacts on raspberry pi but not on x860