XBMC newb seeks likely-obvious addon setup info
Hi guys, seems like an incredibly supportive community here, thanks in advance!

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=106256

My TV Shows and Movies are working great.
Took the afternoon off today to finalise my XMBC setup but I am hitting a few problems when it comes to addons.

I suspect that I have broken something fundamental in addons whilst configuring stuff - perhaps messing with menus (i created a custom menu called 'Streams' after deleting 'Videos' from the main menu in error), or perhaps by adding XBMC Hub addons improperly.

Almost none are working as they should. My problems are many, for example;

-90% of my vid addons come back 'script failed'. Attempts to uninstall then reinstall the latest from zip dont work (eg iPlayer 2.5.3)

-Earthcam fails 95% of the time on any cam, always bounces back to Earthcam info screen. Worked once with sound only for 5 seconds today.

-On the odd occassion that a channel works, most of the time it is only with sound, and a black screen which eventually turns 'Not responding'.

-Channels like FTV, 1Channel almost never work, and often cause XBMC to hang.

-DocuHub usually works.

Anything screamingly obvious I have got wrong here guys? I'd love to get stuff working today, good vibes will rocket your way if you can shed any light!

Many thanks.
OK, update - Hardware acceleration seems to have partially fixed the blank screen problem on some channels - but others remain!
thread closed. Decided to start from scratch.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC newb seeks likely-obvious addon setup info0