No sound in roms collection browser on any emu
I have recently been setting up the roms collection browser addon in xbmc.

I had to follow this tutorial http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=174854 to get xbmc to work as I have an AMD HD 5450 silent graphics card.

I have xbmc all set up and working now but I have no sound in any emulator I choose to play in Roms Collection Browser. I have had a google about to see what I can find but have not found anything that can help with my problem.

Another thing I have noticed that happens when I start a rom is, it changes from HDMI 1080p input to VGA in the top left of my tv, I am using a HDMI cable not a VGA so I have no idea why it shows VGA when I start a rom, when I exit the rom HDMI 1080p input comes back up.

Does anyone know what I can do to solve this please?

Thank you.
XBMC switches to windowed mode when launching an extermal program so the focus can switch to it. this is normal as far as I can tell.

As for your sound, I understand you want to use your HDMI connection for it. Check in the system settings, there's a place where you can specify what device to use for sound output, just select your digital interface. This should be enough for XBMC.

As for the emulators... Well good luck with that. That could be a nightmare; it is for me.

What operating system are you using?
The emulators play fine, all of them. Just with no sound.

In my ubuntu desktop there is no sound option to select, it's empty. in XBMC I have chosen snd-hda-intel, and the sound works perfectly for moves, music and tv shows, just doens't work for rom collection browser.
The problem is i think, to have xbmc working with sound for movies, tv shows etc, I can not have pulse installed, and I think the roms are trying to load sound drivers from within ubuntu desktop and not the drivers in xbmc, if this is the problem, how can I make rom collection browser use the sound driver I have to use for xbmc sounds to work?
ok this is weird, I have just reinstalled pulse audio just to see if it is needed for the sound to work for rom collection browser and yes it is needed, the sound works now in rom collection browser but the weird thing is, so does the sound in xbmc?? the installation i did was this http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=174854 and supposedly that version of xbmc does not support pulse audio, which is true, when i installed it i had sound in xbmc but then when i installed a ubuntu desktop there was no sound at all in xbmc, so i removed pulse audio and voila, i had sound in xbmc. I have just reinstalled pulse audio and i have sound working completely in xbmc.

The only odd thing I had to do is this, when xbmc boots, there is no sound if i load up a game in rom collection browser, xbmc crashed and i have to reboot, what I have to do to fix both of these problems is very simply and I don't understand why I have to do it, but, if i go to straight to settings/system/audio output and scroll over to speaker configuration then simply press escape, my sound comes back and rom collection browser does not crash, everything perfectly.

I can see that xbmc is selecting audio output devide to be playback/recording through the pulseaudio sound server and it is greyed out, i can not click on it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No sound in roms collection browser on any emu0