Win Confluence Colour Change
Hi All,

I'm new to skinning on XBMC (have done some on WD TV live) and wanted to change the colour options (I'm happy with everything else that Confluence offers). I just don't do Blue. I have edited the image files and compiled the Textures,xbt but when I tried to implement them it kinda messed up the whole thing and had to reinstall Confluence.

Can someone point me in the direction to be able achieve what I'm wanting to do?. Basically change the icons (which I have done) and some of the text, and highlights, to orange.

I know this is a very newbie question but we all need to start somewhere Smile

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
I suppose for the text I could edit the defaults.xml sheet and change the Blue to the hex code: FF6600 and repack it. Would that work? Still wouldn't solve my images dilemma though Sad
Nobody?

I tried again and rezipped the whole lot and when I try to install the new version through a .zip I get the message "Dependencies Not Met".

Looking at the Debug log I have this line:

ERROR: Texture manager unable to load file: G:\HTPC Programs and Configs\XBMC\skin.confluence-master\skin.confluence-master.zip\icon.png

Any advice?
See http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=182210

Essentially, thats whats happening there, changed textures, however like it has been said, compiling the xbt with say mycolor.xbt and changing the defaults.xml colors to whatever you want and renaming it exactly as xbt e.g. mycolors.xml, placing the xbt in /usr/share/xbmc/addons/skin.confluence/media/ and the xml in /usr/share/xbmc/addons/skin.confluence/colors/ you need only to chnage the theme in XBMC > Appearance setting to >> mycolor

What you can do is download the revamp and replace the default.xml and media folder with your stuff and rezip and install. Mind that Frodo to frodo only and Gotham to gotham skin compatible only allowed.

Also have some dammed patience, this is a international forum and no one is obliged in any circumstance to answer your requests and own bumps, aside it being frowned behaivior looking at the forum rules

Ya the images have to have EXACT same names otherwise your in for a lot more work.
Nice and friendly here I see! I wasn't bumping for the sake of bumping. My post hadn't travelled down any so there was nothing to bump. I was speaking out loud...or is that frowned upon too?

Thanks for your suggestion. I'll try your first one but if you read my post I did try the second and got the message:

"Dependencies Not Met".

and the debug log said:

ERROR: Texture manager unable to load file: G:\HTPC Programs and Configs\XBMC\skin.confluence-master\skin.confluence-master.zip\icon.png

which I have absolutely no idea what it means and searching doesn't offer any decent results..
Pretty obvious, Dependencies not met, >> You have packed a skin that its dependencies are not met, look in addon.xml
Also take care of the zip structure and dont move any files to places where they not expected, the error is simple and self explanatory, it cant load the icon. probably because it should be inside the zip not out side.

You have not posted any information about system?OS and source to this skin, by large we need logs/and exmaples to see if we can spot the goof ups we all do from time to time (if any) << this is all missing from your "talking out loud" posts. Please add it.

As for talking out loud, ya, edit your main post, adding other posts is seen as bumping, and though I am not particularly a "you must follow the rules" kind of guy or else, please do observe them make yourself familiar, because this is such a large and active Forum and international, that the ppl who may know the answer may be asleep at 2 AM when your making Breakfast and going to drop off your kids.

We not children (I think), so ya, We are pretty friendly bunch, even the grumpy ones like me --- because we do actulay bother to get back to you and try to provide some support, which we are not obliged to do, ya, I do this to help Team XBMC even though Im not Team member/ Just a user like you! + None of us are paid hehe, wait... That will be $1.000.000
Cheers uNiversal. Pass over your bank details and I'll direct transfer it Wink

Ok, my system is an old PC I have:
AMD Black Edition 64 X2 although I run on Windows 7 32-bit.
4 GB Ram.
XMBC Frodo 12.3
To edit xml files I use:
Bluefish (open source editor),
Notepad ++ (open source),
GIMP (open source)
Inkscape (you guessed it..open source Wink).
7-zip (I like my open source so I know how these forums work :p

The skin I played about with (only editing images) was yours actually:
https://github.com/uNiversaI/skin.confluence

Just downloaded the .zip. Extracted it. Edited images and re-zipped it. No other changes. Didn't move anything.

Do the settings in 7-zip need to be anything special?

Here's a dropbox link to the zipped one that failed (there's not much changes to it other than image mods):

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6437...master.zip

Thanks again uNiversal.
nope master is development and only for Gotham + Hence why theres a Frodo and Gotham branch. Eventually the master there will be what XBMC v14 is

use this https://github.com/uNiversaI/skin.confluence/tree/Frodo

No wonder your getting dependency errors Gotham skin requires more higher versions of dependencies and Frodo just doesnt have them.

ding dong.
Cheer uNiversal, Changing the fonts and textures.xbt and placing them in the skin folder worked a treat. Smile

Here's what I've done so far:

Still like to change the XBMC Logo Position (I'd like to have some GPU, CPU, or HDD widgets (or something) up in that space.

Does Accuweather not do an Add-On (have searched)? The WunderWorldWeather or whatever it's called is garbage. Doesn't pick up the weather properly. Can tell me it's sunshine and look out and it's blowing a gale. Also don't like the icons it provides. Am I able to change them somehow? Had a look but doesn't seem to be an images folder (unless I'm looking in the wrong place).

One question. My 'Android Clock' attempt is made up of individual elements. I haven't played with the XML's too much other than Fonts, Home and Includes. Am I able to form an Include group (in includes.xml) on my clock so I can just easy place it on any page I wish with <include>Android-clock-weather</include>.

If I can, what is the format for doing such a thing?

Thanks again. Slainte Smile
idk, honestly I require a skinned to give me a hand, I can do the graphical work and tile xbmc stuff., Ida be lost inhere... Looks a bit dark and not enough neon like. But its ok.
Black and Tangerine is my thing (football related). The other screens stand out a bit more but only gave the screenshot of the Home page.

Thanks for your help again. Will need to venture to find my other answers Smile
Ya... good luck.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Confluence Colour Change0