• 8(current)
The best Android XBMC / Kodi boxes
Maybe the firmware for M8 can do help.
(2014-05-12, 19:27)hdmkv Wrote: bestbuy.com sells them and I think they ship internationally. eBay is another option.

Just checked on bestbuy and dont ship to UK looks like I will be scouring ebay to try get FTV in the UK

Quote:We can ship BestBuy.com orders to:​
•The 50 US states
•US Virgin Islands
•Guam
•APO/FPO military addresses
We do not ship to anywhere else outside the US, except as noted above.If you have a non-US billing address, you have two options when placing an order on BestBuy.com:
That's too bad. I've seen some on eBay that are reasonably priced vs. those sellers pimping the box with 3rd party add-ons and selling for a premium.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
I've asked Amlogic about S812 devkits, they said they will be
available in July. Which probably means another few months from that
date until manufacturers put it into production for end customers.
Also S805 has just been released (according to them) but I haven't
spotted any end-user devices with it yet. S805 has lower output
resolution and 4-core Mali 450 instead of 8-core as in S812, but also
has H.265 and Gigabit ethernet support.
Hi Guys,
I have played around with Allwinner, Rockchip and Amlogic based Android streamers and IMHO Amlogic based devices are the best.
Allwinner are cheap and nasty, A10, A20 and Even A31 based devices don't play nice with official XBMC and their own hacked versions usually don't work.
Rockchip based devices are much better hardware, but are let down by firmware, and compatibility.
I now have a Beelink M8 2/16GB round box.
Much better and faster than any RK3188 based boxes and totally piss on any Allwinner based devices, you just need to update the firmware and root it.
First thing that I did was to put the latest official firmware http://www.bee-link.com/en/article.php?id=130
Then rooted it with http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.php?1...-quot-ROMs
After this you can successfully instal and run XBMC 13.1, select under hardware acceleration amcodec and d-select the others.

My 2c
Shouldn't the Pivos XIOS XS be one of the stronger Android boxes when it is released this month? Isn't Pivos one of the companies that partners with XBMC? http://liliputing.com/2014/05/pivos-xios...p-box.html
They're a sponsor, which means they donate money in hopes it helps development of XBMC, which in turn helps them, but there's not really a formal partnership between Pivos and the XBMC Foundation/Team XBMC.

The XIOS XS is an entry level box by Pivos's own description (and based on the specs), so while it should make for a fair XBMC-based box, it's not going to be one of the more "powerful" ones. Pivos will likely have more powerful units coming out as well, since they describe the XS as entry level.
Looks like MyGica has released the atv582. Looks like the same specs the 1800 was suppose to have but with KitKat. Anybody have one?
any views on the new sumvision micro 4
(2014-06-17, 00:58)BigB42078 Wrote: Looks like MyGica has released the atv582. Looks like the same specs the 1800 was suppose to have but with KitKat. Anybody have one?

The 1800 will have better specs then 582
2GB RAM and 16GB flash memory.
IMO - The best box is the Amlogic M8 S802 Cortex A9 Mali-450 2GB/8GB TV Box. I have had no issues with any of XBMC's features. I would recommend if you get one to update the firmware at blog.geekbuying.com as soon as you can. The latest firmware supports all 3 types of Hardware Acceleration and has yet to crash (1 week and counting) also allows for instalation of paid apps from the play store.
I purchased my box from Amazon.com but was fulfilled by geekbuying.com; I have been in contact with their support team and they have promptly responded to my questions.
I would recommend a Air-Mouse and/or a bluetooth keyboard/trackpad combo with the TV box (makes navigation and text entry much easier).
Hands down the best box is the OUYA console.

When Paired with a FLIRC so you can use a programable remote gold.

Side load Gotham 13.1 build on through the make section gold. OUYA store version stops at FRODO or earlly version of Gotham with Audio issues.

XBMC Hub flawless even on my crappy net connection.

This box runs 1080P no problems and i even pulled U2 concert I rippped off Bluray at 22mbps. As this box runs XBMC at hardware level nothing even comes close.

If you want a system that blows the doors off Pay $50 US for Media Center Master. Single best $50 I have ever spent on any computer program.

Once you have meta data on XBMC and OUYA you aint going looking for another android box.

Dont waste anymore time looking we have 9 guys in our office and 9 OUYA boxes.
hi all i have been looking for an xbmc box for some time now. i have used a raspery pi and found it slow. and i am now seeing the mx III 4K for around £59.99 on ebay uk coming down in price and thinking this is by best option. with seeing the benchmark test. i am wanting the box to get the media from my micro server if full 1080p using rj45. if anyone can tell me any better boxes that would be great. i only really need it to run xbmc. just to say this box will be an xmas pressent from my GF so anything under £100 would help.

sorry about the grammar.
has anyone seen this box before if so how dose it compare. video include http://cngadget.info/2014/05/19/unboxing...box-video/
(2014-08-27, 00:23)caisley69 Wrote: has anyone seen this box before if so how dose it compare. video include http://cngadget.info/2014/05/19/unboxing...box-video/

"320 USD"

hahahaha, no. For that money you can get something sooo much better.
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
The best Android XBMC / Kodi boxes2