XBMC crashing while browsing Media library.
Hi all
Ive been reading trough some posts on the forums but cant find a post that mathces my problems.
Weve been using XBMC for about three years now and its great. But we always had this problem with buffering info and images while browsing our library.

When we start browsing it all goes great, but after a while we get an memory error and XBMC shuts down.
We then have to go to Task Manager and force shutdown XBMC before booting it up again and start browsing.
I think it has something to do with buffering images and info from the Media server as it seems that XBMC does not dumb the buffered memory while we are scrolling and therefor backlogs a lot of information.

We are running an Windows 7 PC in the living room with these specs:
Intel i5-2500K 3,30gHz
4,00GB om RAM installed
64 bit Windows 7
Intel HD integrated graphics chipset.
Intel SSD

All connected to a Media Server running a Linux based OS on a full duplex 1 gigabit system.

All this beeing said we have almost 5000 movies and about 30000 tv episodes indexed on the server. Could that be the problem?
Your problem is definitely going to need a debug log, also god damn is that a hell of a collection, I have probably half the movies and 1/10'th of the television and that's chewing 15tb of disk space.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC crashing while browsing Media library.0