Audio settings automatically change
Hi All,

i have just built a new Haswell i3-4340 PC and decided to give Linux a try. I chose Zorin OS7 and it has been very good for a n00b like me, it installed beautifully with all hardware working. I only have 2 problems:

1. The audio settings in XBMC Frodo 12.3 don't stay as i set them. I'm using HDMI audio out of a Gigabyte Z87 motherboard into a Sherbourne PT7030 Surround Sound processor. I'm using Aeon Nox and in Sysytem/settings/audio output the Audio output device and passthrough output device keep changing to incorrect options by themselves. I assume this is because xbmc hasn't handshaken with the correct output... I have tried having the HT system up and running before i boot the PC, but it doesn't make any difference, any help would be appreciated. The system works perfectly when i change the 2 output device settings to the correct device.

2. Not really an XBMC issue but the machine restarts when i tell it to shut down, if i hold the power button down instead of using the menu it shutsdown fine.

Cheers

Steve
Post a debug log (wiki) and maybe someone will be able to help you.
Does the first problem only happen on a reboot/wakeup/unhibernate? Or randomly in the middle of a session? Or on Sunday at dinnertime?

Does it depend on the TV being switched on at a startup/wakeup/hibernate event?

The second topic is discussed (not sure if fixed) in one of the long NUC thread in the Hardware subforum.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Thanks guys,

I'll read the log link negge and post one.

nickr it is fine once it is set but if i change inputs on my surround sound processor then go back to xbmc it is wrong..

Cheers

Steve
XBMC polls the audio devices only when it's starts, if the audio output is changing from HDMI then it's almost certain the HDMI is not in a fit state at the time XBMC starts.

Changing inputs away from the one your XBMC device is using can also cause major problems with some hardware, here the Pin 19 trick may help see HDMI (wiki)
I wouldn't recommend the pin 19 trick on Linux. You can force a pre-loaded edid instead of getting it from the monitor. Here is a how-to for Intel:
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Ker...s_and_EDID
That edid stuff would go great on xbmc wiki as anew page next to Creating_and_using_edid.bin_via_xorg.conf (wiki) perhaps the Op would like to volunteer.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Audio settings automatically change0