raspberry pi + plexbmc + virgin media router
Hi All

Hope someone can help me.
I have raspberry pi with openelec and plexbmc attached to my virgin media router (superhub). For some reason plexbmc can't connect to the server (error 1111). I have given raspberry pi a fixed ip of 192.168.0.99. I think this has something to do with fixed ip addresses in the router.

It is driving me mad!

Many thanks
post a log
its the fixed ip-addresses in the router, that are the problem. a few people have reported it, not just here on xbmc
Well, some good news!

Having spent hours, yesterday and today, I finally figured out the problem.

When I installed the plexbmc, I did this from the repo in raspberry pi. This turned out to be an old version (v 2.0.2)! So, I downloaded the latest zip file (v 3.1.5) from wiki.

MAKE SURE you scroll down and use the link that says 'PleXBMC V3.1.5 for XBMC 12.0/Frodo' and NOT the repository version!

Now plexbmc connects to the server (i think!).

Next question: When I log into my plex account, it says 'You don't have any media servers yet. Download and install one and it'll appear here.'
What do i do now?

Many thanks for any help

George
sure your server is logged in? :<

If your server is in LAN, i suggest to configure it w/o authentification in local networks
Well, not totally sure if it connects to plex, however I don't get the connection error message any more and can see 'myPlex queue'.

When I go to the plex.tv site, it tells me that no server is yet set up.

How and where do I set up my sd card in the raspberry set up as a server? (Temporarily until I get a external usb hard drive).

Many thanks for any help/advise
(2014-01-17, 06:35)feichter Wrote: I have raspberry pi with openelec and plexbmc attached to my virgin media router (superhub). For some reason plexbmc can't connect to the server (error 1111). I have given raspberry pi a fixed ip of 192.168.0.99.

Have you any info to lead you to choose 192.168.0.99?
If not, why not try 192.168.1.99 - as this might be in the range it will accept now

HTH
Derek
I have installed the plex media server on my laptop and it works fine.

The connection from the laptop to the router is the same as from the raspberry to the router, therefore it can't be an ip issue.

I can also ping the raspberry from the laptop AND ping the plex server from the laptop (127.0.0.1).
If you have a VM superhub I don't think they support DNS (the dhcp addresses they issue are using external VM addresses - not the router)
Try assigning Google DNS when using static IP (4.4.4.4 or 8.8.8.8)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
raspberry pi + plexbmc + virgin media router0